• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Shock oil and how to decipher WT vs. CST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chozwoz

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
Driving Style
Racer
So my manual says to use #550wt silicone oil for the front shocks and #450wt for the rears. What does that equate to in CST? I have a bag of 6 bottles of the stuff for my 1/10 carpet touring cars ranging from 20wt to 45wt in increments of 5. The CST numbers don't go in sequence though. Here is a small table:

25wt - 195cst
30wt - 250cst
35wt - 338cst
35wt - 420cst
40wt - 516cst
45wt - 610cst

I can't find any 550 or 450 WT silicone oils for the shocks so what does that roughly equate to in CST? Almost done with my EB48.4 and I don't want to buy the wrong thing. #550wt oil to me sounds like it would be pretty thick. And judging by how the numbers run in that table, a 550wt oil would be in the thousands of CST so now you talking diff oil thick which in no way would let the shock properly perform. Should I go with 550 and 450 CST oils? Confused~

Try not to over think it, temperature will also effect the viscosity which will require either thicker/thinner CST depending on temps, you need to go off how the car feels and what you may need it to do:

1709429186158.png

It's supposed to say cst... Not wt. So yes, 300-500 cst is the usual range, not wt.

Recent Popular Liked

Back