• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB48 2.0 Shock oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctidol50

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. SCT410
Hello all:
New poster, getting back into RC after a long hiatus. Bashed who is trying some races. 3rd EB48 build - love the brand and product is great. I noticed that the printed build material shipped with the kit lists stock shock oils as 550/500 (all 3 kits were shipped with 550/500). But the archived build instructions on TeknoRC.com list the stock oils as 650/600…. just looking for a frame of reference. What is more correct? Shock oil is the only “tuning” item I’m playing with currently but notice that I bottom out pretty harshly on some larger hits and don’t want to make it too harsh for the rest of the run. Surface is hard pack medium to hi grip and relatively smooth other than the jumps.

There's too many variables that also need to be considered like stroke length, piston dampening rate, spring rate, ride height, etc.. It only makes sense that as the geometry changes, so will other things.

I don't know anyone who runs the stock pistons and springs oil regardless. That said I would get with a local team driver at the track in your area and ask for a copy of his setup sheet. Note that fluids will need to change between summer/winter anyway, there is no such thing as a year round setup.

I don't run the 2.0 anymore but there's a couple setups here that might be worth considering:
Good Luck!

There's too many variables that also need to be considered like stroke length, piston dampening rate, spring rate, ride height, etc.. It only makes sense that as the geometry changes, so will other things.

I don't know anyone who runs the stock pistons and springs oil regardless. That said I would get with a local team driver at the track in your area and ask for a copy of his setup sheet. Note that fluids will need to change between summer/winter anyway, there is no such thing as a year round setup.

I don't run the 2.0 anymore but there's a couple setups here that might be worth considering:
Good Luck!
Thanks Much Bill.

Recent Popular Liked

Back