• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Wrong shock bodies on EB48.4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stigi

Reaction score
Hi! Building my EB48.4 kit. I messed up building one of the front shocks and had to order new shock bodies.

On the build page, front shocks are illustrated as "TKR6016" and rear shocks as "TKR6060". At the end of the manual, it says:
TKR6016 – Shock Body (rear, aluminum, hard ano, 2pcs)
TKR6060 – Shock Body (rear, x-long, aluminum, hard ano, 2pcs)

It doesn't mention anything about front shocks. These two parts are also listed on the kit's "Spare Parts" webpages.

I ordered the TKR6016 ones, but they aren't the same that came with the kit. On every product page I saw these were said to be for the rear, even on the package they came in, and these doesn't fit: the center hole where a plastic bushing is meant to go, is a lot smaller than on the original shock. Also, the flat parts on the sides meant for gripping with pliers are smaller than on the original ones. This doesn't matter, but it also shows the bodies aren't what they should be.

So my question is, what are the real part numbers for the EB48.4 front shocks?

Attachments

• tekno front shocks.png
    tekno front shocks.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 564
I just received a reply from Tekno support (very quick response!). The part numbers are correct. The same part used to have smaller holes. They were redesigned with enlarged holes, but the part number didn't change. According to their support staff, these older ones haven't been sent out to distributors for over a year, so my reseller sold me very old stock!

I just received a reply from Tekno support (very quick response!). The part numbers are correct. The same part used to have smaller holes. They were redesigned with enlarged holes, but the part number didn't change. According to their support staff, these older ones haven't been sent out to distributors for over a year, so my reseller sold me very old stock!
That kind of sucks that the reseller had really old stock. Was it online or a local shop? It's great that Tekno straightened it out and gave the reason and everything though.

Glad you contacted Tekno, that's what I would've done... this is the first I've heard of the part being redesigned so thanks for sharing and good to know!

I was running the .3 for quite a while so I was lucky to get all the running updates by the time I bought my .4

Curious if Tekno is going to send you an updated part for free or do you need get a RTV through the distributor?

Also curious who was sitting on such old inventory?

Lately, I've been seeing Tekno add a "B" to their part numbers when they make a significant change like this, kinda surprised they didn't change the part number here :(

That kind of sucks that the reseller had really old stock. Was it online or a local shop? It's great that Tekno straightened it out and gave the reason and everything though.

Online shop in Finland. There are not that many RC resellers here in Finland, and only a couple of them sell Tekno parts. Stocks usually consist of only 1-3 pieces of every part, and only the most common parts. There are a lot of parts that you can't even get. I haven't found a Finnish reseller for the rear shocks...

Glad you contacted Tekno, that's what I would've done... this is the first I've heard of the part being redesigned so thanks for sharing and good to know!

I was running the .3 for quite a while so I was lucky to get all the running updates by the time I bought my .4

Curious if Tekno is going to send you an updated part for free or do you need get a RTV through the distributor?

Also curious who was sitting on such old inventory?

Lately, I've been seeing Tekno add a "B" to their part numbers when they make a significant change like this, kinda surprised they didn't change the part number here :(

It was from a Finnish online shop. It looked like Tekno was going to send a replacement for free, but I can't wait. :D I ordered from AMain Hobbies. Part numbers should always be unique, especially when they belong to something that has many revisions, EB48.3, EB48.4 etc.

Tekno is very responsive and very supportive!

Very fast and great response! Excellent!

I'll just buy as they break. Got so many unnecessary spares lying around. :sneaky:
I just wasn't sure if you had heard of them or not so I figured I would let you know about them. I've ordered numerous things from them and they get shipped out the same day and I receive the package the next day most times. I do live about an hour and a half away from them, so I'm sure that helps, so don't expect your package the next day from them LOL.

I just wasn't sure if you had heard of them or not so I figured I would let you know about them. I've ordered numerous things from them and they get shipped out the same day and I receive the package the next day most times. I do live about an hour and a half away from them, so I'm sure that helps, so don't expect your package the next day from them LOL.

Hehe. The fastest I can hope for when buying from outside the EU is a week. VAT will be added to orders over 22 Euros ($25,15), so only small orders are practical, unless a local supplier has overpriced the parts through the roof. :sneaky:

Recent Popular Liked

Back