• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

SCT 410 to Mini MT410 Instead of ProLine 1/10 Pro MT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stable: Mt410, Sct 410, ET 48.3 and HPI Vorza. The rest are up for sale. The Vorza showed us how tough a car can be. Got so tired of repairing the Armma stuff. Found the Tekno line and have not looked back. As for only one, think it would be the MT410. Why? Most versatile. Works well on any surface. Added wheelie bar and put the Outcast to shame. The SCT works great for a easy evening in small backyard practicing jumps. The ET 48.3 flies like a plane. Very stable, Great for larger jumps. The Vorza is very fast, blast to drive but not good in taller grass, but very tough and great at skate park. The go to for a buggy. But have no experience with the Tekno EB48.4. Half interested in putting one together and testing and compare to Vorza. Vorza is a steal as a RTR.

Great stable you have there, for me at the moment i have only the SCT410, but want to make it a mini MT type build, what motor are you running in the SCT?

Hobbywing SCT package. 3s max. I think it is more then enough power, speed etc for the SCT frame. Running 2s plenty happy with it. On the others running bigger Hobbywing systems. Really like the systems, waterproof which is a big deal for wet Oregon, in fact a neccesity. For a mini MT build would probably go with a 1/8 package. Had a transplanted Tekin system in the ET that was not water proof. ESC died. Found out the HobbywingESC would not work with the Tekin motor. Motor to long. With the biggest motor and ESC from Hobbywing they fit fine.

Have you seen the threads on the Arrma Siren conversion? Start with a Typhon buggy, and chop the front of the chassis down to use the same short driveshaft F/R, and it makes the wheelbase right at proper 1/10 MT.

Yeah, Arrma is not Tekno, but from what I hear, it will be tougher than the Proline MT.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-siren-6s-blx-1-10th-4wd-truck-by-tpparts-rcxtreme.2420/

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-granite-6s-vs-arrma-siren-6s.5630/

A few build threads.

Thought I had responded to this, see it is not here. Must have forgot the POST button. Try again.

I'm so done with Armma, so tired of having to repair after every run. Cost of repairs was adding up. The Vorza showed me that a very durable car was indeed possible. Decided to build a Tekno kit and have not looked back. Now can go have a blast and not have to repair and replace parts like before. Love the Tekno durability. Three kits for me so far. Daughter is on second kit. Sold one Outcast, another to sell along with a Tylon to clear the stable.

I nearly bought an Armma, but it seems no stock in the UK and the future could be in question for supply to the UK. A good deal on a SCT410 came up and after seeing the DB48 and Mini MT410 I decided that’s what I wanted to build, I am thinking now of keeping it shortcourse but use mx28 wheels along with the monster fusion body. Just going to sell my crypto mining rig as have no where to host it now :rolleyes: that will fund the new toys

I nearly bought an Armma, but it seems no stock in the UK and the future could be in question for supply to the UK. A good deal on a SCT410 came up and after seeing the DB48 and Mini MT410 I decided that’s what I wanted to build, I am thinking now of keeping it shortcourse but use mx28 wheels along with the monster fusion body. Just going to sell my crypto mining rig as have no where to host it now :rolleyes: that will fund the new toys

I'm a little late finding this, but just this week I was comparing pricing to build a mini MT. I wanted to use the EB48.4 as the base but that was most expensive option and I don't think 2.8 wheels will fit over stock arms and hubs. I ended up going the SCT410.3 route. Got it shipped in Wednesday but forgot to order the metal diff pins. I got in MT410 towers, aluminum suspension blocks and EB48.4 shocks from Dollar Hobbyz. Going to run super swamper 2.8" on F11 wheels since I got the 17mm hexes and probably a Proline Tundra SC body. Going for a more "scale" monster truck look with tires under the fenders, versus the more truggy look of the MT410. We'll see how it goes!

I'm a little late finding this, but just this week I was comparing pricing to build a mini MT. I wanted to use the EB48.4 as the base but that was most expensive option and I don't think 2.8 wheels will fit over stock arms and hubs. I ended up going the SCT410.3 route. Got it shipped in Wednesday but forgot to order the metal diff pins. I got in MT410 towers, aluminum suspension blocks and EB48.4 shocks from Dollar Hobbyz. Going to run super swamper 2.8" on F11 wheels since I got the 17mm hexes and probably a Proline Tundra SC body. Going for a more "scale" monster truck look with tires under the fenders, versus the more truggy look of the MT410. We'll see how it goes!
That's actually kind of what I was going for with my SCT410.3. I never saw this thread until now for some reason though. Here is what mine turned out like. The tires are half under the body and half sticking out.

20180728_210636.jpg
20180728_210646.jpg

Thought I had responded to this, see it is not here. Must have forgot the POST button. Try again.

I'm so done with Armma, so tired of having to repair after every run. Cost of repairs was adding up. The Vorza showed me that a very durable car was indeed possible. Decided to build a Tekno kit and have not looked back. Now can go have a blast and not have to repair and replace parts like before. Love the Tekno durability. Three kits for me so far. Daughter is on second kit. Sold one Outcast, another to sell along with a Tylon to clear the stable.
I thought I was the only one that had problems with Arrma. My first vehicle purchased the beginning of last year was a Rustler, just to see how I liked it. Loved driving it but was always breaking things. So I stepped up to an Arrma Kraton, and immediately loved it. Light-years ahead of Traxxas.
Then I got a Typhon a few months later. I even got another V2 Kraton when Tower put them on sale last fall. I had planned to buy a Senton and have that be my last RC. Then the problems started. I couldn't make it through a battery pack without something happening. And I love how there are people on YouTube that list upgrades on their Arrmas; motor/ESC, pinion, tires, servo, servo mount, wing mount, motor mount, steering plate, towers, suspension blocks, chassis braces, suspension arms and bearings, to name a few of what I would call necessary upgrades. At least to get them to stock Tekno quality. Then after listing the upgrades, I swear they say, "Arrma tough baby".

So I decided to try Tekno, mostly because Gary at KORH thought so highly of it. Best purchase ever. Only issue I've had is the plastic body mount that bolts to the shock tower pulled through. Washers fixed that. And I broke a front arm and popped off a plastic cap after running into a porch post at 20-30 mph. Didn't bend the pin or break anything else. Even reused the plastic cap. Eventually I'll put aluminum caps on, but waiting to see how the plastic ones do. Running the plastic spur also.
I've jumped it 15+ feet in the air and had no issues so far. And that's an honest 15 feet. I have a basketball goal close to my ramp so I can't exaggerate like some people.
I got the MT410 beginning of this year, and have since added the SCT410.3, EB48.4, still building an ET48.3 and just got an EB410 and another SCT410.3 to turn into a scale monster truck. I also plan to buy the ET410. Tekno is a company worth supporting in my opinion. But I don't want to know how much money I've spent, but I don't spend money on anything else besides the necessities so I guess I'm allowed something for myself.

That's actually kind of what I was going for with my SCT410.3. I never saw this thread until now for some reason though. Here is what mine turned out like. The tires are half under the body and half sticking out.

View attachment 1111View attachment 1112
I'm hoping to be able to keep most of the fenders so as not to lose the look, but at the same time not have the body so high that it looks ridiculous. Hopefully I'll have time over the coming weeks to get on it. Dang work and wife and kids always getting in the way!!

I'm hoping to be able to keep most of the fenders so as not to lose the look, but at the same time not have the body so high that it looks ridiculous. Hopefully I'll have time over the coming weeks to get on it. Dang work and wife and kids always getting in the way!!
You could always look at using the proline monster fusion body that’s designed for the slash using mx28 wheels

You could always look at using the proline monster fusion body that’s designed for the slash using mx28 wheels
I saw that mentioned and was going to check it out but forgot. Thanks for the reminder!

Earlier today I saw a YouTube video by custom fast rc from about 2 years ago. He did a monster truck conversion to his slash. Mine should come out with about the same look
Screenshot_20180803-163042.png
Screenshot_20180803-163026.png
Screenshot_20180803-162742.png
minus the Chevy body.

I'm new here so my apologies if this isn't the right place but I really want the smaller footprint of these trucks vs the bigger MT410 that I have coming. Could I make the MT410 smaller like these? I would have to assume I can make it smaller in a similar fashion as ya'll are making your SCT410.3 larger by swapping in compatible parts?

I just put it on 1 mx28 badlands. And it set on an extended rc8t 17mm hub. ....you could probably run it narrower without the extenders. The body is just laying on top. If I mounted it, it would be lower. Basically a narrow more scale looking mt410View attachment 297View attachment 298
Hey bro i really love this. Planning on an MT . So can i cfm wat are the parts needed for this conversion ? I have a stock 410.3.

Looking at buying another one to convert. So i know i need monster struck tyres, MT410 shock towers, hex extenders?

This is my Tekno lineup. Truggy, MT410 and SCT project
View attachment 300
Could you tell me if the tekno mt 410 and sct410 have the same chassis i jist ordered a mt410 kit without the chassis it was missing so i got a deal but now i need to buy a chassis but when searching tekno site for mt410 chassis the sct410 chassis is what comes up. Thanks in advance

I have a brand new SCT 410.3 Kit that I would like to turn into a mini MT10, with mx28 badlands.

I’m a rookie at building kits but I want something almost exact to the TX’s Tek Custom Rcs (
)

build with the wide stance look, and tires outside of the body. What parts do I need to complete this mini MT10 build from the SCT kit? 2.8 Tires, 17mm Hex Adapters, Hex extenders???

TX’s Tek Custom Rcs mentioned a bucking issue in his first video, but then to fix the problem he installed a MT410 shock tower in the front along with SCT rear shocks in the front. Is this necessary?

Also please let me know of any upgrades that you would make for bashing purposes. I’m not a hard basher and I don’t plan on launching it off high jumps.

Recent Popular Liked

Back