• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Retracement (suction) in emulsion shock build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PKMSM

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
Building an EB410.2 and looking at Tekno's videos on emulsion shocks, it seems when they are done with the process there is little retracement of the shock. In my case, however, I get a substantial retracement, around 80% or so of the shaft gets sucked back in. I have followed the manual/video's instructions exactly, and built the shock twice, but get the same thing.

Searching this topic a little, it looks like some recommend to not pump the piston 20-30 times and bleed a second time. Not sure if this will address the issue, but thought I would ask to see if there is anything I am doing wrong here. How much suction/retracement is normal after an emulsion shock build?

Edit: I take it back, the suction is 100%! A few minutes after I posted this, when I pull the shock out, it quickly reacts all the way in.

Many years ago I attended a race clinic hosted by Ryan Lutz and Joe Bornhorst... both drivers recommend emulsion with no pumping, just a single compress of the piston before securing the bleeder screw.

Many years ago I attended a race clinic hosted by Ryan Lutz and Joe Bornhorst... both drivers recommend emulsion with no pumping, just a single compress of the piston before securing the bleeder screw.

Thanks, I had seen your prior post on this. I built another shock with this method and retraction is a lot less. Still there, but maybe 30-35% as opposed to 90-100%, so it seems to be working.

Because of all the pumping in the first shock the oil is emulsified, so I'll wait a few hours for the air to get out and will rebuild that one the same way. Thanks for the tip.

Recent Popular Liked

Back