• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Pro-Line 3530-17 Pre-Cut Brute Clear Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quadcells

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Would a Pro-Line 3530-17 Pre-Cut Brute Clear Body : E-REVO fit a MT410? I like the style of that body.

Would a Pro-Line 3530-17 Pre-Cut Brute Clear Body : E-REVO fit a MT410? I like the style of that body.
No probably not. If you like the race truggy look you can get a proline brute body uncut for the Kraton for $30 and chop down the back to fit

It requires minor trimming. This is the bash armor version.

108DE64C-6397-4033-AE7A-3BAAE6D1AEE5.jpeg

I went ahead and bought a Proline Pre-cut Clear Brute body for the Revo 2.0 . I modified the body post mounts and only needed to cut a little off the rear of the body. I'll post pictures soon.

I went ahead and bought a Proline Pre-cut Clear Brute body for the Revo 2.0 . I modified the body post mounts and only needed to cut a little off the rear of the body. I'll post pictures soon.
I mounted an E-Revo V1 roll cage from VG Racing on my MT-410. It fits fine after figuring out how to mount it, that is, similarly to the E-Revo body you adapted to your MT-410. Don't remember the wheelbase being an issue as it lined up well enough as I recall.

I mounted an E-Revo V1 roll cage from VG Racing on my MT-410. It fits fine after figuring out how to mount it, that is, similarly to the E-Revo body you adapted to your MT-410. Don't remember the wheelbase being an issue as it lined up well enough as I recall.
Wheelbase of MT410 is the same as e-revo. Mounting points are different and will require a bit of trimming and drilling.

Wheelbase of MT410 is the same as e-revo. Mounting points are different and will require a bit of trimming and drilling.
Trimming and drilling on the body I assume? Don't have to change the truck itself right?

Would love to see pictures of this please.

Would love to see pictures of this please.
Below is a link to the finalized design. The first version was a static mount that didn't allow for the cage to be easily removed or pivot out of the way, and was also printed in PLA, which sustained damage on the first thing the truck hit. I used TPU for the subsequent designs. It's a much more flexible and impact tolerant plastic.

VG Racing roll cage mounts

And yes, I think Nicochau was referring to trimming/drilling on the body.

Below is a link to the finalized design. The first version was a static mount that didn't allow for the cage to be easily removed or pivot out of the way, and was also printed in PLA, which sustained damage on the first thing the truck hit. I used TPU for the subsequent designs. It's a much more flexible and impact tolerant plastic.

VG Racing roll cage mounts

And yes, I think Nicochau was referring to trimming/drilling on the body.
Great idea. Is this the cage? https://www.vgracing.com/product/E-REVO_1-16_Roll_Cage.html It looks a little different than the one in your pictures but I can't tell for sure. Would you be willing to fab and sell me the mounts? I don't have a 3dprinter or know anyone that does.

The picture of the cage is at an angle and while it looks a little different, it's probably the same.

The one thing that would be a problem is if they moved the screw holes for the clamp bars. I doubt they did.

Presently my printer is in yet another transition phase and isn't functional. I'm doing some upgrades to allow me to print high temp materials like PEI. Not sure when it'll be functional again, and even then I'll be concentrating on the stuff I want to print. I'm also migrating to a different controller which will take time to set up.

I'd say maybe in a few months, but in reality I just don't have any interest in printing things for people. The prices involved wouldn't come close to the time I'd invest, and it's always way more than I think people realize. Looking at the parts, it's about 20 hours -- that's just the printing time.

There are printing services for just this purpose available online. I can make the STL files used to set up the part for printing available if that's what you want to do. I should still have the CAD files, although there was one I forgot to save at one point, not sure if this is what I was working on at the time.

I only had to trim the back of the body to enlarge the cutout that is already there.:
20201130_155550.jpg
20201130_154250.jpg

While I was at it I covered up the rear with a Garmin/GoPro mount, made 4 round pegs to fill the front four body holes and 2 rectangle fill the two rear holes:
20201130_154101.jpg

Brian, package o. It's way.
9500 1153 8041 0339 0826 39

Recent Popular Liked

Back