• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Plan at this point. Any thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Reaction score
Now that the steering is sorted thanks to this forum. Here is what I have or on the way:

HY 4268 G3 2250KV. Wanted 4274 but they shipped 4268
XR 8 Pro G2 ESC
Robinson 15T pinion
Buckshot tires. Will likely add some more basher friendly
Tekno servo horn

Mostly a basher, but will run on a 1/10 - 1/8 clay track

Any thoughts on servo?

Does this set-up seem workable? Don't mind changing anything.

Thanks.

Mike

A 4268 in 2250 kv may run a little hot with the xr8 pro I have heard to only run Hobbywing motors with them. I like the xr8 plus so I have the option to run 5 or 6S and you can run any motor you want if it where me I would send the motor back and get the 4274 truggy size. Servo wise I run cheap ones so can’t help there. A lot of racers run the xr8 sct and Tekin motors.

Agree with @Lynny - I was also close to buying at XR8-Pro and 4268 motor combo, but thanks to this forum I didn't!!

Decided to stick with the proven XR8-Plus in the end. Ive used it before and its reliable. The layout works well (can get the power button across to the other side of the chassis behind the battery for a neat setup!) and I was informed on this forum that the Pro is still quite new and has been quite unreliable on the racing scene. Hence I changed my order to the XR8-Plus instead.

As for the motor I swapped for the Hobbywing G3 4274 2250kv, which should work nicely alongside the XR8-Plus. I have a 16T pinion that I'll be using alongside it. I haven't purchased a heatsink/fan for it just yet - will see how it runs alone first, but will most likely add one for piece of mind anyways! Even so, return your 4268, especially if it was sent to you in error, and stick with the 4274 in the truggy.

As for servo, I've heard good things about Promodeler recently, so went with the DS1155.
Have a read of the blog post here : https://www.promodeler.com/CaseStudy/Servo-for-a-comp-buggy

I've had bad luck recently though. My first ESC/Motor order went missing in the post (DHL!) so I had to re-order (still waiting on the ESC!!!). And now my servo order has been stuck in the same place with USPS for the past few weeks!!!

So failing the Promodeler, I would go for the SRT9032 again - used it for the first time in my EB48 build and would deffo use it again!

If you're after some good bashing tyres the dBoots Backflip LPs are great. Make sure you get a regulation size battery pack if you're ordering new batteries, the battery tray is limited in length.

Last edited:
Image with Backflip LP 4s.......
Really nice fit IMO.......

IMG_4060.jpg

Image with Backflip LP 4s.......
Really nice fit IMO.......

View attachment 7057
Thanks for the replies. Will exchange the current combo for 4274 and Xr8 Plus. Will also try the Backflips in addition to the Buckshots. Thanks for the pic.

Recent Popular Liked

Back