• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

New way to protect my chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
So i found a new way protect my chassis, skateboard grip tape. Was going to use it for my Taranis radio that I use for my quads, but I figured I'd do something different with my chassis.

Attachments

• 20180614_182827.jpg
    20180614_182827.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 500
  • 20180614_172616.jpg
    20180614_172616.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 476
Yep, hit up mobgrip.com. They come out with different designs quite often.

I am going to guess that stuff will be very durable. I have just always had the impression that a chassis skin not only protects from wear but also creates a smoother/slipperier surface for when you have the occasional chassis slap or ground contact.

Thats stuff...well it looks "grippy" to say the least. LOL

Looks cool!

That is an awesome idea! I also like that you can get it in a variety of designs.

I am going to guess that stuff will be very durable. I have just always had the impression that a chassis skin not only protects from wear but also creates a smoother/slipperier surface for when you have the occasional chassis slap or ground contact.

Looks cool!
Lol yeah it is grippy. I was thinking about that when i put it on there yesterday. I dont think it'll affect it too much.

I would have chosen some paint protection film like they use for cars like Xpel or 3M. Those products offer a smooth surface that would reduce drag or getting hung up on things as well as some impact protection. Only thing is that they don't come in anything other than clear film.

They used to make "slip tape" for boards that offered a slick protective barrier for board slides and what not. Not sure if it's still produced tho. Some of the guys used it in the RC application on the WT Forum when the IRC chassis was released.

Looks cool!

Hypnotoad probably wonders why his fellow Bashers and racers let him go first. It's to groom where they are running or the track.:)(y)

Very cool idea though and I bet after a few slaps it won't matter.

I'm just waiting to see what it does after going through some grass lol. Definitely going to look for that "slip tape" and paint protective film once this gets ripped up enough. If this grip tape works good, I might just keep putting it on there.

I just bookmarked that page. Going to order some of that slip tape.

They used to make "slip tape" for boards that offered a slick protective barrier for board slides and what not. Not sure if it's still produced tho. Some of the guys used it in the RC application on the WT Forum when the IRC chassis was released.

I still have a full sheet of that stuff, installed the other sheet on my hot bodies ve8 but only got a couple runs on that buggy before I sold it, for the most part it worked great, just wish it was a little sticky-er

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Yatz-Slip-Tape-p/yatzst.htm

Recent Popular Liked

Back