• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Need Help With Exploding Spider Gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you figure it out? I haven't had any issues with mine or my kids. Been hitting 20+ foot jumps, running up trees, backflipping with the backflip tires, with a 4s tekin setup. Never had any issues with the diffs. My son is a new driver so he still has rough landings at throttle and still no issues.

Did you figure it out? I haven't had any issues with mine or my kids. Been hitting 20+ foot jumps, running up trees, backflipping with the backflip tires, with a 4s tekin setup. Never had any issues with the diffs. My son is a new driver so he still has rough landings at throttle and still no issues.
Not sure haven't taken it out. Winter is basically here in Chicago and I really don't run in the winter. So should find out in the spring.

I ran the crap out of mine so far. Way better. The action stays the same all run. I didn't realize that was an issue. So more fluid is definitely better. No flex at all. All the plastic cases were wore where spider gears sit. This would definitely cause gears to not mesh properly. A super thin shim between plastic and gears would do the trick. But as soon as they heat up and soften a bit, twisting occurs and the gears bind. Pop!

I have already had 2 diffs go bad on me within 7 runs. With stock diffs the rear diff blew out first after 4 runs. I figured I’d put in some M2C diff cups and upgrade my diffs. They came in and I installed all 3. Got 3 runs in and the front diff blew out. Both times it has been the spider gears, it looks like they basically exploded. I am running 6S but was thinking the upgraded diff cups would help them last longer. Any ways to prevent this on 6S?
Did you ever get this figured out? I just built mt tekno mt 410 and I've only ran it once yup thats what i said once smh couldn't figure out what was going on my truck just started acting like it was cogging and now i know why it was because the diffs gears broke just like yours the spider gears. I really hope this was just a fluke and doesnt become a frequent thing i bought this truck brand new built it to the T of the Manuel ive heard so many awesome things about this truck go figure this would happen to me

Did you ever get this figured out? I just built mt tekno mt 410 and I've only ran it once yup thats what i said once smh couldn't figure out what was going on my truck just started acting like it was cogging and now i know why it was because the diffs gears broke just like yours the spider gears. I really hope this was just a fluke and doesnt become a frequent thing i bought this truck brand new built it to the T of the Manuel ive heard so many awesome things about this truck go figure this would happen to me
I'm not sure because I have only ran it a few times after replacing the gears. But I'm thinking the original gears that came with the kit were the problem, that's what I am hoping. The original gears lasted 4 runs on the rear diff and 7 runs on the front diff. So far on the new gears I am on 5 runs on the rear diff and 2 runs on the front diff. So far no problems with the center diff gears.

Have you opened up the diffs since you installed the new gears?
I would be tempted to open just to inspect their condition following a few runs.....

Recent Popular Liked

Back