• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Need help picking a motor to race with.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hye

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Need help with a motor to pair with my rx8. It will be on high grip clay. I was thinking hobbywing because of the price. Just not sure which one. Also open to other suggestions. Torque for big triples would be nice.

I didn't care for the Tekin Pro4 motor that I ran for a while... it would tend to pull too much current and not only did I run into temp issues, but my packs would start to swell and needed to be replaced every 6 months.

I found the sweet spot with the HobbyWing 35656 SD 4000KV motor here:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/xrm3656sd

Be sure to watch the product review video in the link. The HobbyWing motor is not as powerful as Tekin (but that's actually a good thing) HobbyWing would prove to be more efficient which means lower temps, longer run time, less stress on the battery and actually better consistency, I was still able to clear large triples on the 1/8 track and the truck was easier to drive which made me a faster driver overall. Oh and my packs are lasting over a year without any signs of swelling yet ;)

I didn't care for the Tekin Pro4 motor that I ran for a while... it would tend to pull too much current and not only did I run into temp issues, but my packs would start to swell and needed to be replaced every 6 months.

I found the sweet spot with the HobbyWing 35656 SD 4000KV motor here:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/products/xrm3656sd

Be sure to watch the product review video in the link. The HobbyWing motor is not as powerful as Tekin (but that's actually a good thing) HobbyWing would prove to be more efficient which means lower temps, longer run time, less stress on the battery and actually better consistency, I was still able to clear large triples on the 1/8 track and the truck was easier to drive which made me a faster driver overall. Oh and my packs are lasting over a year without any signs of swelling yet ;)
Looks like the 3656 is no longer available. Now it’s the 3660.

Recent Popular Liked

Back