• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Need Help Picking a Transmitter and Receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZUMA

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Right now I been having a hard time picking out what transmitter and receiver to get for my current build, a Tekkno MT410. I'm looking for a telemetry setup. I want to be able to see my battery voltage and motor temperature. What telemetry transmitters and receivers are you guys running?

Most telemetry systems are used for aircrafts. You really don't want to run out of batteries while flying around in the air! LOL

Not saying people don't use them in surface rc. Its just not as necessary/common. If you are a basher and not a racer, it seems even less needed in my mind. Once you find your setup that works there really is no need to monitor anything. just set your voltage cutoff where you want and have at it!

Thats just my opinion of course.;)

Most telemetry systems are used for aircrafts. You really don't want to run out of batteries while flying around in the air! LOL

Not saying people don't use them in surface rc. Its just not as necessary/common. If you are a basher and not a racer, it seems even less needed in my mind. Once you find your setup that works there really is no need to monitor anything. just set your voltage cutoff where you want and have at it!

Thats just my opinion of course.;)

You got a point, I am still undecided if I'm going to go with telemetry or not. When I first picked up my MT410 I was going to skip on the telemetry. But when looking at electronics to buy I got back into thinking I might want telemetry and got stuck. Now I got a built MT410 sitting around because I'm missing a transmitter and receiver lol.

I am used to having it because I have the traxxas link on my REVO. Motor temp warnings are nice to have on really hot summer days. I also have voltage warnings setup. I sometimes bash in the woods and like to know my battery voltage. So, I make sure I got enough power to get back to the car because if I run out I'll be carrying the truck back to the car.

?

I have an Airtronics mt44 and by coincidence also a MT410 I am racing for its second time this weekend.
The mt44 is a middle/high priced radio but I only buy a transmitter every 10 years more or less. My old radio was a Airtronics M11 and a M8 before that, all still function but are HUGE in size by comparison lol.
The MT44 has telemetry although it is unused on my setup but also something to think about.
The transmitter has programmable buttons/dial, a wide range of settings (way more than I understand lol) and a thermometer on the display along with the clock ect. I used 1cell flashlight lipo to run it on. I always forget to turn off my transmitter off and it still has power for 3-4 race days with a backup battery both costs under $20 shippped. My only complaint is it does not shut itself off after a period of inactivity but it does have a warning tone/beep.

Been thinking about it more and was thinking about dropping the telemetry and just go with a Futaba 3PV. Wanted a 4PLS but can't find one, seeing it out of stock. Can't go wrong with a Futaba 3PV right?

I don't think I have heard much of anything negative about that transmitter especially for bashing. Thats a good choice!

I have a Futaba 7PX which I can add the Futaba telemetry sensors but as I run a Castle MMX I can also go the route of addinj the Futaba link for full telemetry.

Another option if the delivery is the Castle iPhone link and B-link BT unit are due to get telemetry on the iPhone but as yet it’s not available.

The only issue I have is you can’t run both so currently I’ve just got the B-link running.

So really with my set up I have the options for telemetry
1) add the Futaba telemetry sensor
2) add the Castle Link cable to my MMX
3) wait for the Castle link app update.

Hope that all makes sense

I have a Futaba 7PX which I can add the Futaba telemetry sensors but as I run a Castle MMX I can also go the route of addinj the Futaba link for full telemetry.

Another option if the delivery is the Castle iPhone link and B-link BT unit are due to get telemetry on the iPhone but as yet it’s not available.

The only issue I have is you can’t run both so currently I’ve just got the B-link running.

So really with my set up I have the options for telemetry
1) add the Futaba telemetry sensor
2) add the Castle Link cable to my MMX
3) wait for the Castle link app update.

Hope that all makes sense

Ya I was going to pick up a B-Link but seen you couldn't see the telemetry info, so did not get it. Hopefully they get the update to the app, then I'll get it for sure. I was looking at the 7PX but wasn't too crazy about the price. So, I ended up going with a Futaba 3PV. I do miss having the ability of seeing battery voltage and motor temps I got on my traxxas link I have on my REVO.

From my last chat with Castle I believe they want to get the android version up and running before sorting the telemetry, how long that will take I don’t know.

So far I just use the B-link but guess once I get the car dialed in if the telemetry isn’t available I might move the B-link to my other RC and just install the castle Futaba link
(B-Link and Futaba link cant be used together)

Recent Popular Liked

Back