• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My MT410 build and lost with all this technology

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnfanatic

Reaction score
Hell everyone. I have been out of the loop for a very longtime and amazed at what I see when it comes with the Battery and Motor capabilities (been gone for 15 years). Problem is I dont know how to match things up.

I just finished building a MT410 kit and enjoyed it immensely and I am reading about pretty much sticking to 4S battery. But I dont understand is that the MAH of the battery needs to match up with the motor??

I was looking at a 6000MAH 4S SMC battery and a Mamba Monster X combo (1512 motor), does the 1800kv of the motor determine what kind of battery I buy due to heat or burning it out??

Please help and thanks for the awesome forum!

But I dont understand is that the MAH of the battery needs to match up with the motor?
No the mAh doesn't need to "match up" with your ESC or brushless motor. Think of the mAh rating at the size of your gas tank in your car. The bigger the gas tank, or in this case the mAh rating, the longer the run time you will have.

A 8,000mAh battery will offer a much longer run time compared to a 1,000mAh battery.

One thing you will want to make sure if that you get a LiPo battery that has a higher C rating of 30c or more. The higher the C rating typically the better the battery. That said there isn't an industry standard on C rating and it's turned more into marketing hype for some battery manufactures so you have to be careful. Luckily SMC makes great batteries and the battery you're looking at is rated at 150c which is going to be perfect.

Thank you, appreicate it. Been doing research and it looks like most of you guys go for a 2200 mv motor on the mt410. I am looking at the hobbywing combo xr8 or max8.

I did the XR8Plus 2200 combo... that is more power than seems sane but I wanted to run 6s on roids (sterr/ not hemm)...not often though; my heart can't handle it for long.
Be advised that the 2200 is '4274' size (42x74mm) and rubs one of the chassis braces which may need minor 'shaving' to clear. If others have a better idea besides getting a motor that is not absurdly powerful for this fairly light truck, please advise ;)
Half the fun is fixing so go BIG!!!

Do you know if the XR8 or max8 have lipo voltage protection? Meaning it will stop from draining the lipo at a certain voltage?

The product of the C rating and capacity is the important number. A 30C 1000mAh battery can deliver 30Amps while a 10C 8000mAh can reach 80Amps.

You'll want something in excess of 150Amps, preferably around 200 with the MT410.

@Gnfanatic Did you see the notice on the page for that battery?

True Spec Extreme Notice:
We have been getting several inquiries about the proper use of our True Spec Extreme packs. They are high end, all out packs that will give you the best possible performance. The “but” with this, is like all maximum performance products, they are not for everyday use. Have you seen a NASCAR motor going 100 000 miles? Or a sprinter running a marathon? Our True Spec Premium packs offer great on track results and are the go-to pack for regular users. Those that need the extra punch and lower resistance, such as stock racers or insane speed run racers, should use the True Spec Extreme packs, noting that like a F1 motor, their ultimate life is much shorter than an econobox 4 cylinder mass production engine. Since these packs are pushed to the limit to give maximum performance we will only warranty packs that have a cell go bad within the first 6 months of use. This doesn’t cover packs that expand or swell. The active nature of the materials used in these packs tends to create more natural expansion of the cells then regular packs. Only use these packs if maximum performance is required at the expense of some cycle life and reliabiltiy.

I almost bought one of the True Spec Extreme batteries as well, but decided that for my use, which doesn't involve any sort of competition, I bought the True Spec Premium.

Thanks all. Picked up Max8 combo, 16T pinion and Futaba 4pls today at a local shop. Issue is (looks like one at least) the pinion gear does not mesh properly with the transfer case gear. Meaning the teeth do not go in all the way for a solid contact, is this normal?

figured it out. I need a MOD1 pinion, local shop gave me a MOD8 instead :( ordered the right ones

Remind me the point of hauling your ass to a LHS again please? Unless you need Traxxas spares that is.

I like supporting local businesses? I dont want to see aother local hobby shop close its doors.

Recent Popular Liked

Back