• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My monster ET48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking of doing this for a basher, the MT seems to wheelie a lot.... think the longer WB may help that... any videos?

This one definetly wheelie less but it depend of the center diff oil you use. And don't have any video yet, i just ran it 3 times

Yes i hit 175 after a full 5000mah 6s pack. That's why i just bought a leopard 4092 1300kv and i hope it'll be good

Looking forward too temps and gearing on the 1300kv 4092, I got the 1480kv in my kraton on 17t pinion and have been very impressed with it, also have a spare one kicking around that I am contemplating putting in my et48.3 but that 1300kv might be better for a dedicated 6s system :)

Looking forward too temps and gearing on the 1300kv 4092, I got the 1480kv in my kraton on 17t pinion and have been very impressed with it, also have a spare one kicking around that I am contemplating putting in my et48.3 but that 1300kv might be better for a dedicated 6s system :)
I haven't received my motor but i'll tell you when i'll tried it. I will use a 16T pinion, running 6S on big Proline trencher 40 series and i should get 55mph

So i finally did a few tests with my motor and itns crap. It has no low end power to launch the truck with a 20t. I terms of temps it heat up quite fast, up to 80°C with a 15T pinion (haven't even tried the 20T) and trenchers 40. So even with this setup with conservative gearing (50mph max) its not responsive and it overheat. I would totally not recommend this motor to anyone
IMG_20180603_183332.jpg

Last edited:
So i finally did a few tests with my motor and itns crap. It has no low end power to launch the truck with a 20t. I terms of temps it heat up quite fast, up to 80°C with a 15T pinion (haven't even tried the 20T) and trenchers 40. So even with this setup with conservative gearing (50mph max) its not responsive and it overheat. I would totally not recommend this motor to anyoneView attachment 783
Which motor is that?

I haven't updated my thread in months so i'm doing it now. After the disapointment with the leopard 4092, i switched to another motor : the castle 1717 1650kv 50x85mm. Its the real castle and not the traxxas one. I'm still running the huge prolines trenchers 40 series and i manage to fit a 15T pinion by removing the center brace. I also installed the 46T spur from the nitro version. I can't go any lower on the gearing now.
I have a top speed of 62mph (100km/h) on 6s. Temps are a bit higher than i expected but are safe :
- Esc is 122°F
- Motor is between 140° and 160°

Also a weird thing i noticed is that if i put the punch on max settings with this huge motor, the esc sut down even if it's a 160a ESC.
IMG_20180627_181142.jpg

I haven't updated my thread in months so i'm doing it now. After the disapointment with the leopard 4092, i switched to another motor : the castle 1717 1650kv 50x85mm. Its the real castle and not the traxxas one. I'm still running the huge prolines trenchers 40 series and i manage to fit a 15T pinion by removing the center brace. I also installed the 46T spur from the nitro version. I can't go any lower on the gearing now.
I have a top speed of 62mph (100km/h) on 6s. Temps are a bit higher than i expected but are safe :
- Esc is 122°F
- Motor is between 140° and 160°

Also a weird thing i noticed is that if i put the punch on max settings with this huge motor, the esc sut down even if it's a 160a ESC.View attachment 1456
Is that the max8? I tried to mount the max6 on the m3 esc mount and the body would not fit properly. I like the mesh on the esc! I should do that with mine.

Is that the max8? I tried to mount the max6 on the m3 esc mount and the body would not fit properly. I like the mesh on the esc! I should do that with mine.
It's the max6 but i wont fit the stock body specially mounted this way. I use the proline raptor MT body. Look in my thread higher and you'll see how i mounted it

That is weird the gearing is that low and still overheating.

Could the motor be bad? Or the esc be bad?

I have been thinking of doing this for a basher, the MT seems to wheelie a lot.... think the longer WB may help that... any videos?

I've noticed tires ballooning (lol proline lol) are at least as important to prevent wheelies as the wheelbase.
Super thin center diff oil will send all the power to the front but the kickback from the pizza cutters will get the car to wheelie badly.
Thicker center diffs gives more power to the rear soooo wheelie.

Would adding a cap pack help with the heat? My Max8 came with one and the instructions say to solder it in if using 6s.
I have no idea if it would help with heat but you can run your max8 on 6S stock you'll have no problem. If you already have it, i'd suggest you to use it because it's always a plus

Recent Popular Liked

Back