• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 monster truck “semi-conversion”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty K

Reaction score
I have an ET48.2 Truggy. I don’t want to do an actual conversion to a MT410. However I do want to take it from a track car to a Basher. I put proline shockwave monster truck tires and dropped the pinion from 14T to 13T. I’m going to swap the center diff oil to 100K. What other quick and easy, free or low cost changes can I make to make it more of a monster truck Basher. Also, I’d like to put a monster truck body on their. Does it take any modifications to put the MT410 body on the ET48 setup? Or can anyone recommend a body?

+ FYI, I have a Tekin RX8 ESC/ 2000kv motor combo. 15.2v 4S 120C LiHv Battery.

the ET with the longer chassis is much harder to find proper wheelbase bodies to fit it, many folks just use standard monster truck bodies anyway, which I dont care for the look because it's a bit too short, but it works well enough. the rear body post mounts may be an issue though since you have truggy shock towers, the body mounts are down lower, not in the same place as the MT towers, so you'd have to come up with a way to change that. swapping out shock towers might be easiest

Good to see you here Scott. It’s John from scvrc. Like rc user stated in his post, replacing the towers to mt410 towers will allow you to use the hardware for mounting a body.

This body is 528mm long. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=PROC3326I have the 2008 f250 body which is 495mm long but I don’t like the way it sits on the chassis. I’ll post a pic to show you soon.

Most people I have seen just run a truggy body, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find one that will look good.

Have you went out bashing yet? Oh, they had 1/8 scale racing at ocrc again yesterday.

At first when I saw this thread I thought "semi?" is he going to turn it into a Big Rig? Because that would be pretty interesting to see there!

I understand now though....but still think a Tekno semi truck would be kind of cool! LOL

Cant wait to see what you do come up with though.

You pretty much got it already with the wheels lol. IMO i'd thicken all 3 diff fluids, 100k would be pretty low. 500k is a good basher center diff fluid. 40/50k front/rear. and go higher pinion for more flippage / stunt

Recent Popular Liked

Back