• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Chainsaw10’s Monster ET48.3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chainsaw10

Stiff member
TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. DB48
Driving Style
Basher
image.jpg

Hobbystar 1730kv 4092 motor
MM2 ESC
XPERT WATERPROOF SERVO

Last edited:
tell us about that beefed up front shock tower / body mount mod!

what do you have in that throttle servo space?

tell us about that beefed up front shock tower / body mount mod!

what do you have in that throttle servo space?
The piece in the front is a mount for the esc so I can run big motors. It is also a body mount. The whole assembly removes by just pulling two body clips.

The thing is a glitch buster capacitor. I previously had a Savox servo in this truck. ...and they tend to sometimes cause brown outs. I don’t really need it with the current servo but I just left it there plugged in. It can’t hurt anything.

B6_F56_BBD_79_AD_4828_9705_F61582_EC00_D6.jpg

I recently installed the M2C center brace on this truck.
CD8_D4133_4797_4502_A8_FD_9_BBD4130_F457.jpg

And an aluminum steering top plate
A4_E04867_697_C_4_FF7_958_C_288228_B3_ECAC.jpg

ahh i'm waiting to get the alum plates this week hopefully! did you get the center diff plate too?
i think the addition of those plates may remove the need for the center brace... I got the m2c too but it didnt go in very easily for me, hits the servo box, had to muscle it in! i heard another who grinded it down a little to make it fit better. might try that later.
i know all about the power hungry Savox servos, that's why i dont use them any more, i had to use a cap and an addtiional BEC just to run two of them in a 4ws set up. they work nice but sure need a lot of amps... running a protek servo now and no need for a cap anymore.

i just noticed you also added a secondary rear chassis brace rod! the m2c alloy wasn't enough eh?

also just noticed you're running rival tires, ha ha. i used to have a rival. they are good performing and very light but watch it on sharp rocks. i shredded one very quickly doing a donut with a lot of sharp gravel... the tires are very thin, i guess that's why they are light.

ahh i'm waiting to get the alum plates this week hopefully! did you get the center diff plate too?
i think the addition of those plates may remove the need for the center brace... I got the m2c too but it didnt go in very easily for me, hits the servo box, had to muscle it in! i heard another who grinded it down a little to make it fit better. might try that later.
i know all about the power hungry Savox servos, that's why i dont use them any more, i had to use a cap and an addtiional BEC just to run two of them in a 4ws set up. they work nice but sure need a lot of amps... running a protek servo now and no need for a cap anymore.
My brace fit perfectly.

Where did you get the aluminum top plate?
There’s a Chinese guy on FB who makes them. Seth Holtz(Overkill on rctech) bought a large batch of them. I got it through him.

wow that's really weird, maybe i should return the thing!

can you take a shot to see how close it is to the servo box?
Maybe be your chassis was previously bent?
A6_EA9_E9_D_3739_4_D1_C_8_DD8_9_BC3_E567_F814.jpg

image.jpg

it could be slightly tweaked yeah, i notice the brace doesn't lay completely flat on my chassis, but i have almost zero time on this thing so that's very surprising.
I just noticed also that the top plate doesn't fit either (i hadn't put it on yet because im waiting for the alloy one) with the m2c brace there. The steering post screw holes are off a bit and since the brace can't bend it's gonna take some muscle to get that on. the alloy plate will be an even bigger challenge... might be able to tweak the posts but I really don't like having to force parts into place to bolt them in. I'm going to see if I can exchange this brace just in case it is slightly off with QC. If I can't I might end up cutting it in half so that the front and rear parts are at least more manageable separately like the factory braces. all in all not a bad part but I think they could have put a tiny bit more into it to make it perfect. it could very well be that i'm only having issues because it appears my chassis is not perfectly flat for some weird reason.

You can see here the steering plate holes are off on the steering posts... ?!?!
20180410_142104.jpg

Funny thing is side by side the brace is fine dimensionally but without the ability to flex, the tolerances are a lot more important!

Cant tell with your servo there but i'm thinking it slightly contacts the servo box like mine, it also hits the factory ESC plate which you don't have.
But those two issues aren't really causing any problem for me now that I've taken more of it apart to work with it.

Last edited:
I’d be willing to bet that something on your truck is out of whack...chassis bent or steering posts bent, or something not assembled perfectly flush. I really doubt that both those aluminum braces are machined incorrectly.

I’d be willing to bet that something on your truck is out of whack...chassis bent or steering posts bent, or something not assembled perfectly flush. I really doubt that both those aluminum braces are machined incorrectly.

I've just got the one center brace. I bet you're probably right about the chassis. I can lay the brace in place and it isn't flat on my chassis so i know that throws everything off. One big pro to plastic parts, got a lot of flex factor. Dang maybe this is enough of an excuse to get the ET chassis... ha ha! my finger is on the button but I just can't justify it. Are you running the EB4.3 chassis? is color the only difference?

oops my bad duh you have the ET chassis...

This truck in this thread is the et48.3 chassis.

WOW, that thing looks possessed @Chainsaw10 with all it's forward and backwards flips from a stand still. Tons of power!

That was one of my first runs with the truggy. I bought it used then monsterized it. The set screw on the rear out drive came loose....I didn’t check it over before I ran it.

Recent Popular Liked

Back