• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My dream off-road vehicle - SCT410 to Truggy conversion (not ET410)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celt

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
What I envisioned or wanted no one made. However, Tekno's good modular engineering allowed me to design EXACTLY what I wanted.

A shorter, more nimble truggy that could run on 2S for indoor tracks, ultimate suspension travel, protected shock towers. I wanted a rig that was comfortable on an indoor track, turning under 1/10 scale buggy's, but could hang with any 1/8th scale on massive jumps. A chassis that is too long and wide is stable, but has lazy handling characteristics...something just as good on smaller tracks and at home on larger ones.

"One rig to rule them all."

SCT410.3 base build
SCT410.3 arms
Truggy shock towers and shocks
Truggy body shortened 50mm
Truggy rear wing
17mm wheel fitment conversion.

Here's what I came up with...let me know what you think. It is a freaking beast and easy to do!

Attachments

• truggy16.jpg
    truggy16.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • truggy15.jpg
    truggy15.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • truggy14.jpg
    truggy14.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 995
  • truggy13.jpg
    truggy13.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • truggy12.jpg
    truggy12.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 919
  • truggy11.jpg
    truggy11.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • truggy10.jpg
    truggy10.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 991
  • truggy09.jpg
    truggy09.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 986
  • truggy08.jpg
    truggy08.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 967
  • truggy07.jpg
    truggy07.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 911
  • truggy06.jpg
    truggy06.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 861
  • truggy05.jpg
    truggy05.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 895
  • truggy04.jpg
    truggy04.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 894
  • truggy03.jpg
    truggy03.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 918
  • truggy02.jpg
    truggy02.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 895
  • truggy01.jpg
    truggy01.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 962
  • truggy00.jpg
    truggy00.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,022
Looks great!and looks like a fun truck! That wouldnt be legal racing with 1/10 truggy would it?...with proper tires

Looks great!and looks like a fun truck! That wouldnt be legal racing with 1/10 truggy would it?...with proper tires
Not sure it would be an issue, as the wheelbase is longer, but the same track width. Too bad though, it's way more durable...

No, since it's based on the SCT, the wheelbase would not be legal, the 1/10 truck class is limited to traditional "Stadium Truck" length. The OP would probably need to run with the 1/8 Buggy class... there used to be a 1/8 Super Lite Buggy that Tekno made which is really close to what the OP did here:
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5004-eb48sl-18th-4wd-competition-super-light-buggy-kit/

What’s the total width with those badlands on?
Also what motor you running?

I’ve wanted to run a truggy body on my EB48.2 because of the front shock tower protection but it’s to much money to convert shocks and shock tower.

I found a picture of this while doing a search once. I think it linked to rctech. I can’t find it anymore. But I did save the picture. Good to find more pics of this build. Would love to build this with my SL/SCT. I’m working on wearing out tires I have before purchasing more.
Nice build.

@celt How is your truggy going?
I'm putting together my first SCT410.3 soon, interested if the truggy conversion will be a good option (if bored with SCT).
Also, I noticed you listed SCT410.3 arms in your OP, I assume they're the ones in the kit?
Cheers,
Mark.

How did the differentials hold up to those wheels? My plastic diff pins snapped when I went to sc badlands, slightly smaller diameter. I am waiting now for steel pins.

As I use my sct as a basher, I like this idea a lot.

I would love an update.

How did the differentials hold up to those wheels? My plastic diff pins snapped when I went to sc badlands, slightly smaller diameter. I am waiting now for steel pins.

As I use my sct as a basher, I like this idea a lot.

I would love an update.

What pins (pt no) are you using Budki? Are they direct fit to OE diff parts?
Sorry for the Q just new to Tekno (and loving it so far!).

The part is TKR5149. Direct fit. These are the steel ones. There are also aluminum ones if you want also.

Old thread but I'll ask anyways. Are the "truggy" parts listed 1/8 or 1/10 scale?

Sorry gents,

Long hiatus...I can answer any current questions, if any...

Recent Popular Liked

Back