• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My dream off-road vehicle - SCT410 to Truggy conversion (not ET410)

celt

Tekno RC's
EB410, MT410, SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
What I envisioned or wanted no one made. However, Tekno's good modular engineering allowed me to design EXACTLY what I wanted.

A shorter, more nimble truggy that could run on 2S for indoor tracks, ultimate suspension travel, protected shock towers. I wanted a rig that was comfortable on an indoor track, turning under 1/10 scale buggy's, but could hang with any 1/8th scale on massive jumps. A chassis that is too long and wide is stable, but has lazy handling characteristics...something just as good on smaller tracks and at home on larger ones.

"One rig to rule them all."

SCT410.3 base build
SCT410.3 arms
Truggy shock towers and shocks
Truggy body shortened 50mm
Truggy rear wing
17mm wheel fitment conversion.

Here's what I came up with...let me know what you think. It is a freaking beast and easy to do!

Attachments

Chainsaw10

Stiff member
TF Excellence Award
Supporting Member
Tekno RC's
ET48, MT410, DB48
Driving Style
Basher
Looks great!and looks like a fun truck! That wouldnt be legal racing with 1/10 truggy would it?...with proper tires

celt

Tekno RC's
EB410, MT410, SCT410
Driving Style
Racer
Looks great!and looks like a fun truck! That wouldnt be legal racing with 1/10 truggy would it?...with proper tires
Not sure it would be an issue, as the wheelbase is longer, but the same track width. Too bad though, it's way more durable...

Billl DeLong

TF Excellence Award
Supporting Member
Tekno RC's
EB410, EB48, ET48, SCT410, ET410
Driving Style
Racer
No, since it's based on the SCT, the wheelbase would not be legal, the 1/10 truck class is limited to traditional "Stadium Truck" length. The OP would probably need to run with the 1/8 Buggy class... there used to be a 1/8 Super Lite Buggy that Tekno made which is really close to what the OP did here:
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr5004-eb48sl-18th-4wd-competition-super-light-buggy-kit/

MikeBuzz

Tekno RC's
SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
What’s the total width with those badlands on?
Also what motor you running?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P MT410 7
WoodiE Chassis & Drivetrain 1
StevieGT ET48 0
Slogrits Electronics 8