• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Motor Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rfulcher

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. ET48
  3. ET410
  4. MT410
  5. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
I have a Xerun XR8 Plus and the 2250 motor to go with it. It recently stopped turning at a stand still. If there is any push it seems to function like normal. There is not binding and everything turns like it should in the drive line. I did just have to replace both drive line dog bones after a big jump, they both got bent. The issue started right after that. I am thinking I might have damaged the motor somehow but I am not sure how. This is the first I have run into this issue.

I would check the sensor wire, first unplug it and then plug it back in at both ends, it might've wiggled loose. If that doesn't work then remove the wire completely to see if the motor operates. Then confirm by replacing with a new sensor wire.

If wiring is not the issue then it could be either a bad sensor board in either the motor or the ESC.

I no longer run HobbyWing motors since they stopped putting glue on their sensor boards to hold the microchips in place. Almost every motor I had would lose a sensor chip off the board after too many flat landings after a triple. I've since switched to a brand of motor that offers replacement sensor boards to keep long term maintenance costs down ;)

HobbyWing will offer a replacement motor for a discount, but they don't sell sensor boards which would be far more economical. I've seen more than 1 racer damage a sensor board on the very first battery pack, all it takes is 1 unlucky hard landing :(

Ok so I was cleaning and going to take the electronics out to take a look. The one lead came off the esc. So I finished cleaning and soldered it back on. It seems to test ok for a small run. I will take it out for a full blown run and see what happens. I did also reset the ESC programming to factory just to see what might happen there. I will update with more.

Recent Popular Liked

Back