• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410SL 410SL what size motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidg

Reaction score
I was wondering what size can most people are running, the 540 or 550. I just swapped out my 540 4300kv for a 550 4300kv. The 550 feels like it has more punch/snap to it over the 540. But the truck doesn't feel like it handles as well and my lap times weren't any better. I think I'm going to back to the smaller motor, just wondering what everyone else was running.

I use a 540 4300kv and I think we both run at The Track. Never tried a 550.

I was wondering what size can most people are running, the 540 or 550. I just swapped out my 540 4300kv for a 550 4300kv. The 550 feels like it has more punch/snap to it over the 540. But the truck doesn't feel like it handles as well and my lap times weren't any better. I think I'm going to back to the smaller motor, just wondering what everyone else was running.
If the powerband of one motor fits your driving style better, gives better lap times, and no problem with heat... just do what you want.

bburt, yes I run at The Track. Outdoor season is just about over, will changing over for indoor soon. I think I'm going to put the 540 back in, sct handles better with it.

Yes, I thought about trying a 4600 kv motor. Maybe next year for outdoors. Where I run indoors the 4300 kv should be fine. The straight away isn’t as long as the outdoor tracks.

I'm currently running most of the time at RCArena in Middlesboro, KY and at ROCCK Racing in Knoxville, TN.
I'm running the HW 3660 4300kv with HW SR8 SCT esc and having trouble controlling the truck, someone recommended the 3652 5100kv and a smaller pinion, maybe 21T.
Any insight or input on this would be great. I'm a complete noob and just learning to drive this thing.
The reason I'm running the current setup was the local Hobby dealer recommended this, he started on SCT about 8 or 9 yrs ago and he says that's what everyone at the ROCCK is running.

A lot of people run the 3660 HW or Tekin Pro 4HD, both of them run the bigger 550 can. It makes more torque but is heavier. I ran one on my TLR ten-scte 3.0, but like the Tekno 410.3 they are heavier trucks. Now that I"ve run both in the 410SL, I perfer the 3652 motor. I'm running the 4300kv and it has plenty of power for this lighter truck. I also run between a 16-18 pinion gear depending on the track.

Recent Popular Liked

Back