• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help with new ET48 build: o-rings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hi all,

I am building an et48 and everything has been smooth as silk with one exception. At two different points (which I'll describe below) the instructions call for an o-ring to be installed, and both points look very strange to me, so I'm hoping you veterans can help me out.

First odd installation: manual page 14, step J-1, steering rack, right hand post (the one with the servo-saver spring):
Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 10.54.35 PM.png

As noted in the screenshot (near the bottom of the image), there is a 16mm o-ring that goes on *AFTER* the big nut that compresses the servo saver spring. I don't understand what it is doing. Below are two pics of what it looks like installed on my truck (both initially, and after it fell down a few millimeters). Is this right??? It is just hanging out under the big nut doing... something? The steering posts are seated all the way down into the pockets in the chassis, the big nut is 3 rotations backed-off from fully locked (per the instructions) so I am not sure what I might have done wrong... But as installed, there is a bit of open space under the nut, and the o-ring just sits in that open space.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 10.59.03 PM.png

Second odd installation: manual page 19, step N-1, o-ring that goes on the shock bodies

IMG_0751.jpg

This time I just took a pic of the part next to the relevant instruction, so you can see the manual showing the o-ring being placed onto the shock body *ABOVE* the shock adjustment nut, and you see the actual shock with the o-ring above the nut. Again, I wonder if I am doing something wrong, because I can't figure out what the o-ring does if it simply gets pushed up towards the top of the shock, and then stays there (even as the nut might be moved down to increase ride heigh). Can anyone see if I'm doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Apparently writing this out is all it took for me to figure it out. Stupid mistake!

Yeah, I can see how that is confusing in the instructions. So you figured out that the o-rings go into the nut so that they can't easily spin loose?

Recent Popular Liked

Back