• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 et48.3 Help me choose a motor and esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after fighting with ESC location and body not wanting to fit due to the height of the ESC while on the plate, I found a new approach. The 1717 can is not as long as my 4092 can, I took notice of the open space between the can and the servo. A MMX esc will fit sideways in this location, but that would hinder airflow to the esc fan and here in Texas the summers are brutal! I started looking at smaller esc's and found a Tekin rx8 Gen 2 will fit in the stock location with the 1717 can. A few minutes of Facebook and I had purchased me one. Looks like I got a project headed my way. Will upload a few pics once I get all the parts. I also picked up a tower to center diff brace from Michael Meyer. As it ships the brace will not work with the rear m2c chassis brace, but with a few spacers they can work together.

A leopard 1717 or some other brand? I was also thinking of going with the Tekin RX8 because of the size. Can’t wait to see how everything fits!

I just picked up an ET48.3 as well and am debating between 2 Hobbywing combos. The 1900KV and 2250KV with a XR8 Plus ESC. Anyone have any recommendations on which one to go with and why? What about pinion size? I'm only bashing and plan on running it on 4S.

I’d say with 4s you can go with the larger kv motor. I’ll let some of the other pros chime in on pinion gear. My guess would be 16t but it depends on temps.

So after fighting with ESC location and body not wanting to fit due to the height of the ESC while on the plate, I found a new approach. The 1717 can is not as long as my 4092 can, I took notice of the open space between the can and the servo. A MMX esc will fit sideways in this location, but that would hinder airflow to the esc fan and here in Texas the summers are brutal! I started looking at smaller esc's and found a Tekin rx8 Gen 2 will fit in the stock location with the 1717 can. A few minutes of Facebook and I had purchased me one. Looks like I got a project headed my way. Will upload a few pics once I get all the parts. I also picked up a tower to center diff brace from Michael Meyer. As it ships the brace will not work with the rear m2c chassis brace, but with a few spacers they can work together.
You could use this m2c brace and mounting plate for your esc.
https://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?productId=916&categoryId=116

What temps are you getting with your castle 1717 ? And what is your full setup ? I have the castle 1717 1650kv, max6, 6s graphene, proline trencher 40 (175mm) tires, 46T spur and 15T pinion. With this setup, the motor is at 158°F and ESC at 140°F, wich is more than i expected from this setup.

I’d say with 4s you can go with the larger kv motor. I’ll let some of the other pros chime in on pinion gear. My guess would be 16t but it depends on temps.

Pulled the trigger on the 2250kv combo and Savox 1270 servo with Ebay's 15% coupon today. Ordered 15-17t pinions as well so I can play around with it based on temps.

Recent Popular Liked

Back