• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Help with gearing tyvm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReMiXeDg

Reaction score
Got my kit coming in mail..

I plan on running 2200kv on 4s what mod 1 5mm bore pinion should I get how many teeth?

And as for the spur gear does the kit come with one? I would like to upgrade it to the steel one what should I match it with the pinion how many teeth I just want to do bashing and some runs on pavement thanks a lot very confused on this matter .

I am running a used EB48.3 with a steel spur. I don't know how long the composite spurs last but I am not a fan of the noise from the metal to metal spur/pinion. Just my opinion. Its hasn't been worth the effort for me to buy and switch to a composite spur but there is certainly an unpleasent growl at anything past ~1/2 throttle.

I have always ran the plastic spur, and I have used the same one for what seems like forever. I remember the first run out I had the mesh set wrong and destroyed a gear but after I figured out how to set the mesh properly I have never had a failed plastic gear since!

I also agree about the noise...I have ran with people who use the metal spur and it sounds like a chainsaw!

thanks i ordered 14t-17t

i read online no need to change the spur like the amount of teeth

I’m starting with the 44t metal spur and 16t pinion with the hobbywing max 8 2200kv. Going to check temps and go from there. Motor shouldn’t get above 160ish with a fan. 170 without.

Recent Popular Liked

Back