• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Fwd Drive Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Herron

Reaction score
So really curious about the forward drive shaft length.
I haven’t measured it but it is barely long enough to stay in the center and forward diff
Picture attached showing engagement at center diff. Shaft is pushed all the way forward
It’s pretty difficult to have the front end assembly or center drive assembly located wrong. I think so anyway
Does this look normal?
Thanks!

Attachments

• 6B9D22F7-45CE-499D-BC6E-1D7D959ABB71.jpeg
    6B9D22F7-45CE-499D-BC6E-1D7D959ABB71.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 79
And I’d add that the rear drive shaft has about 1/4” of end end play which seems pretty normal while the forward shaft has about a 1/2” and almost looses engagement

Replying to me :
Any chassis flex and that shaft is coming out I think
Maybe appropriate sized rubber washers in the drive coupling?

That doesn't look right. If push mine all the way forward I have about the diameter of the pins worth of space to the edge, if that makes sense.

That doesn't look right. If push mine all the way forward I have about the diameter of the pins worth of space to the edge, if that makes sense.
Makes total sense
Thanks

I’d be shimming the drive cup on the front diff pinion gear.

I replied to your FB post but for those here - Your center diff is not seated correctly in the mounts. You can tell the center diff is too far towards the rear of the vehicle. Check to make the bearings are seated correctly in the insert (TKR6634) and that those are seated correctly in the mount.

Attachments

• dif_seating.jpg
    dif_seating.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 74
So really curious about the forward drive shaft length.
I haven’t measured it but it is barely long enough to stay in the center and forward diff
Picture attached showing engagement at center diff. Shaft is pushed all the way forward
It’s pretty difficult to have the front end assembly or center drive assembly located wrong. I think so anyway
Does this look normal?
Thanks!
Actually thanks to the awesome and patient assistance from Thomas at Tekno rc support (lots of phone time) it turns out I had the B block at the back of the forward gear box upside down. That lifted the gear box enough at the back to change the distance between the center and from diff
Tekno is awesome and most pieces I have found are not easy to install wrong.
I found one though I could screw up!

Actually thanks to the awesome and patient assistance from Thomas at Tekno rc support (lots of phone time) it turns out I had the B block at the back of the forward gear box upside down. That lifted the gear box enough at the back to change the distance between the center and from diff
Tekno is awesome and most pieces I have found are not easy to install wrong.
I found one though I could screw up!
Thanks for sharing what the issue was. I am sure someone else will do this and find it helpful in the future.

On this same note, does my driveshaft look too close to the end? Or is it normal too have that much play?

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 63
That looks just like mine does now and have had no issues after over a month some pretty good bashing
Love this rig!

That looks just like mine does now and have had no issues after over a month some pretty good bashing
Love this rig!
Awesome! I can’t wait to finish this build. What kind of motor are you running?

Recent Popular Liked

Back