• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

First major breakage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fnfancy

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Well, I finally broke my MT. I haven't disassembled it yet but it appears the split center diff mount, or the accompanied bearings, failed. Just a quick visual inspection showed the mount slightly melted which leads me to believe the bearing failed and locked up. It was after a fairly decent impact on the tail end, after remounting the body I tried to take off again and the motor just cogged and stuttered. I thought one of the leads came out but no, after disengaging the motor I couldn't spin the center diff. Now here's my question, I purchased the cnc diff mount from tekno. Is this a solid upgrade? Will it help prolong bearings? Also bent the crap out of my rear axles, to the point that the hit the arm. I plan on straightening them out as best I can but is the arrma axle mod the only way to upgrade them? I'll take some pictures later on and tear into her hopefully soon, got a couple busy days ahead of me. Thank you for any and all thoughts or comments

Well, I finally broke my MT. I haven't disassembled it yet but it appears the split center diff mount, or the accompanied bearings, failed. Just a quick visual inspection showed the mount slightly melted which leads me to believe the bearing failed and locked up. It was after a fairly decent impact on the tail end, after remounting the body I tried to take off again and the motor just cogged and stuttered. I thought one of the leads came out but no, after disengaging the motor I couldn't spin the center diff. Now here's my question, I purchased the cnc diff mount from tekno. Is this a solid upgrade? Will it help prolong bearings? Also bent the crap out of my rear axles, to the point that the hit the arm. I plan on straightening them out as best I can but is the arrma axle mod the only way to upgrade them? I'll take some pictures later on and tear into her hopefully soon, got a couple busy days ahead of me. Thank you for any and all thoughts or comments
I’m testing out the universals vs. CV joint. Universals are 4.21 mm vs. 3.8mm

I’m testing out the universals vs. CV joint. Universals are 4.21 mm vs. 3.8mm
How long have you been running the unis?

Thank you slogrits, your very helpful.
I finally got a chance to tear into the truck. All four axles are bent, but how you ask? Well it turns out I'm a bad MT owner. One of the screws that hold the spur backed out, hit the center diff mount which caused the axles to bend from momentum! I think the screw hole is stripped out so a new center diff cup is in order. Pictures of the Carnage...

Attachments

• IMG_20180726_165821798_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180726_165821798_HDR.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_20180726_165739259.jpg
    IMG_20180726_165739259.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_20180726_165757412.jpg
    IMG_20180726_165757412.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20180726_165855273.jpg
    IMG_20180726_165855273.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_20180726_165917860.jpg
    IMG_20180726_165917860.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 397
Thank you slogrits, your very helpful.
I finally got a chance to tear into the truck. All four axles are bent, but how you ask? Well it turns out I'm a bad MT owner. One of the screws that hold the spur backed out, hit the center diff mount which caused the axles to bend from momentum! I think the screw hole is stripped out so a new center diff cup is in order. Pictures of the Carnage...
Whow! Those are seriously bent. Mine bent a quarter in from the wheels. My old man just had the same thing happen with the screws. It destroyed his diff mount.

Recent Popular Liked

Back