• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Bent axles.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
I just replaced a front CVD and noticed that the other three are bent. I am not having luck with the durability. Also my rear wheel is wobbly, could be bearings again.

I just replaced a front CVD and noticed that the other three are bent. I am not having luck with the durability. Also my rear wheel is wobbly, could be bearings again.

LOL! I have bent the front 2 on my truggy. Turns out cart wheels are not so good for them LOL! There is a thread here somewhere about swapping to the Arrma ones since they are thicker.

Wheel wobble was a cracked hub on one and a bent rim in the other. I have some new backflips as back up. I went ahead and slapped those on. I didn’t realize how much thicker the plastic hubs are on the backflips. Took the ones off my Kraton that have been royally abused. Except for a little wear and dirt they are still perfect.

I have universals on my EB48.3 I don't think the Uni's are any stronger (maybe I am wrong:unsure:), they are just a different style. They are more for rough terrain, they handle the up and down movement of the suspension better w/out any binding.

I have universals on my EB48.3 I don't think the Uni's are any stronger (maybe I am wrong:unsure:), they are just a different style. They are more for rough terrain, they handle the up and down movement of the suspension better w/out any binding.
Might help.

Another thread said the shafts are thicker, can’t seam to find it right now.

here is the thread:
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/5mm-cvd-driveshafts-are-in.256/

Chainsaw says the standards are "just a hair under 4mm" and the unis are "just a hair over 4mm" whatever a hair is... assuming less than half a mm.

i recommend EVERYONE get a cheap <$10 digital caliper, they are EXTREMELY useful in this hobby! harbor freight or ebay!

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-composite-digital-caliper-63586.html
$8 with 20% off coupon that is widely available

$3.41 cents out of hong kong
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Digital-Caliper-TS/172325470429?epid=1182256046&hash=item281f6600dd:g:bUwAAOSw3gJZGvGu&_sop=15&_nkw=digital+caliper&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc

here is the thread:

Chainsaw says the standards are "just a hair under 4mm" and the unis are "just a hair over 4mm" whatever a hair is... assuming less than half a mm.

i recommend EVERYONE get a cheap <$10 digital caliper, they are EXTREMELY useful in this hobby! harbor freight or ebay!

https://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-composite-digital-caliper-63586.html
$8 with 20% off coupon that is widely available

$3.41 cents out of hong kong
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic-Digital-Caliper-TS/172325470429?epid=1182256046&hash=item281f6600dd:g:bUwAAOSw3gJZGvGu&_sop=15&_nkw=digital+caliper&LH_BIN=1&rt=nc
Yep that’s it. Agreed about the calipers. They make seting the droop super easy.

Emailed Tekno all day about the drive shafts. They seem interested and asked a lot of questions. After going back and forth. Their recommendations and what I concluded was:
Only run 4s.
If you are bottoming our too much up oil weight in shocks.
Make sure droop is set correctly or can be set slightly shorter.
Check all screws and make sure they are tight or set correctly.
You can run them if shafts are slightly bent, it shouldn’t hurt anything.
Cart wheels can bend axles.
If bent send back to Tekno and replace for 50% warranty discount.

Yep that’s it. Agreed about the calipers. They make seting the droop super easy.

Emailed Tekno all day about the drive shafts. They seem interested and asked a lot of questions. After going back and forth. Their recommendations and what I concluded was:
Only run 4s.
If you are bottoming our too much up oil weight in shocks.
Make sure droop is set correctly or can be set slightly shorter.
Check all screws and make sure they are tight or set correctly.
You can run them if shafts are slightly bent, it shouldn’t hurt anything.
Cart wheels can bend axles.
If bent send back to Tekno and replace for 50% warranty discount.

My 2 cents;

The people at Tekno are always happy to help/answer questions.

4s is plenty of power IMO with less wear and tear on parts. I don't even know what you guys are trying to achieve with 6s honestly...if its breaking your rig then you can easily achieve this still with 4s, I know so personally LOL.

As long as the shaft isn't hitting anything I agree you can still run it, especially if you are just bashing.

And yes take them up on the warrantee...you only need to send the one bent one in and you will get a voucher for 50% a whole set (2 axles).

here is the thread:

I didn't see where he said the Uni's are thicker than CVD's I saw this:
Truggy Universals are just a hair over 4mm
Buggy universals are just a hair under 4mm

Out of curiosity I measured mine (EB48.3) Universals are 3.6mm and so are the CVDs. I know the EB48.4 are different length but would be willing to bet they are the same thickness.

Maybe the truggy's are just bigger all the way around...it would make sense, it is a bigger vehicle.

I didn't see where he said the Uni's are thicker than CVD's I saw this:
Truggy Universals are just a hair over 4mm
Buggy universals are just a hair under 4mm

Out of curiosity I measured mine (EB48.3) Universals are 3.6mm and so are the CVDs. I know the EB48.4 are different length but would be willing to bet they are the same thickness.

Maybe the truggy's are just bigger all the way around...it would make sense, it is a bigger vehicle.
I will measure them too when they come in and post here if they bend or not.

CVDs are 3.8mm the universals are 4.21mm.

Now the extra 16x8x5 bearings just goes in the backside of the hub

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 662
Now the extra 16x8x5 bearings just goes in the backside of the hub
I didn’t push the new bearings in far enough. Fits good a little more noisy turning by hand. Definitely can’t bind. Side by side they look a little thicker not much, enough to notice.

Oh wow, looks like I need to get some universals LOL! I seem to bend a lot of front ones.
Yea my CV joint broke on the front, probably from the joint binding on a land. Turning the uni in you hand vs. the CV you can notice there is no way that is going to happen with the universals.

Recent Popular Liked

Back