• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 Bashing Wheel/Tyre Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeknoHov

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m new to Teknos and have an ET48 2.0 arriving today. Been looking for tyre/wheel sets, and have seen a few videso of 2.0s ruinning the Proline Badlands.

I’ll be bashing only, no racing, and a little confused which are the right and best wheel / tyre combo, and also I don’t yet understand the difference with a 0 and say 2 mm offset.

Do people advise the monster MX 3.8 tyre https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/318706/ or the non monster 3.8 https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/317803/ ?

As they are 17mm Hex am I right they are a direct fit authout any modifications? I've heard mention of "LP"s but they're trencher tyres only, which are soft in compound?

Any other basing wheel and tyre recommendations will be appreciated!

Cheers!

I am a racer so can't really help with what bashers prefer, but I will caution on a recent post where a basher was running wheels that are larger than the recommended race design which created too high of a ground clearance and ran into durability issues:

https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/what-is-doing-wrong.2671/

I would recommend staying with race spec wheels, but select a medium compound to get longer wear life, something like these Carbides here would do nicely for a general basher tire and still fit the kit designed specs:

https://www.sweepracingusa.com/8th-...pc-tire-set-with-Pre-glued-options_p_748.html

Go with backflips you will not be disappointed

The OD of a standard race tire is 137mm
The OD backflips are 172mm

That's a ride height difference of (172 - 137) / 2 = 17.5mm

I'm not confident that the chassis will be able to bottom out unless you customize the shocks if you run backflips.

Hi All,

I’m new to Teknos and have an ET48 2.0 arriving today. Been looking for tyre/wheel sets, and have seen a few videso of 2.0s ruinning the Proline Badlands.

I’ll be bashing only, no racing, and a little confused which are the right and best wheel / tyre combo, and also I don’t yet understand the difference with a 0 and say 2 mm offset.

Do people advise the monster MX 3.8 tyre https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/318706/ or the non monster 3.8 https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/317803/ ?

As they are 17mm Hex am I right they are a direct fit authout any modifications? I've heard mention of "LP"s but they're trencher tyres only, which are soft in compound?

Any other basing wheel and tyre recommendations will be appreciated!

Cheers!
The non monster 3.8 Badlands are a great option. Great traction, very reasonably sized, only grief is the offset of the Proline rims. Wish they had a version with no offset.

The MX 3.8 are tall and heavy, a liability for your truck if you ask me.

Otherwise, the go to basher tire is the Arrma Backflips LP.

Thank you @Billl DeLong @MAVERICK and @Nicochau .

Looking at the size advice im leaning towards proline trenchers at 142mm, 2.5mm more ground clearance.

The badlands would be 6mm clearance.

The offset, is it required as the arms might rub on the inside of the rims?

Cheers again

The offset, is it required as the arms might rub on the inside of the rims?

With 3.8 tires, there is no rubbing issues. The Proline rims have a 1/2 inch built in offset, which means that they will further stick out. While this gives the truck a more aggressive stance, it does not help stability or handling.

Let us know how those trenchers work for you!

thanks again @Nicochau and @a2lowvw .

The Trenchers have a smaller tire rim and width, so should have a less rotational weight, but have the offset the Backflip 4s's dont...

decision decisions..!

Depending upon the terrain you are running on if it is mainly really hard surfaces like very dense dirt/clay and asphalt/concrete I would go with Trenchers. If you run in grass, gravel or any surface with a little looser soil I would go to the Badlands/Backflip route. Trenchers in wet grass aren't very good while badlands and backflips will tear through it. Trenchers hold up really well on asphalt and the backflips do tend to wear quicker on road. Because I rarely run on the road and most our bash spots are grass with mixed soil I have gone towards the badland/backflip. I run BL/BF on our Outcast 8s, Kraton 6S, Fireteam, 4s Typhon and our 3s Granite and a hybrid Vorteks. What we don't run BL/BF's on are my kids Talion and some cars I haven't finished yet. I have never owned a set of Trenchers but have driven a couple 8s and 6s rc's on them and didn't care for them.

also a thread on here that may help - https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/backflip-4s.2555/#post-20866

Last edited:
Like Bill has stated, use caution with taller tires. If you are really jumping that vehicle and it doesnt have the proper chassis slap you will bend shock shafts and towers and more. I built a DB48 and it doesnt have the proper chassis slap, but I dont jump like a maniac either.
As far as the ET48, check out Overkill's stuff. His ET48 is amazing and Im sure hes spent bookoo bucks on everything in this hobby, He likes the OG badlands, now I dont know if that is 3.8" or 2.8" but he seems to swear by that tread design. Honestly, I couldnt agree more if you go badlands, the smaller blocks are probably better in most terrain other than mud than the MX design. I run the duratrax six pack 2.8 and only for 2 runs now, and they are basically badlands MX with an extra lug at the sidewall. Great tires though, my Losi 22s has the MX badlands. My advice find tall n skinny which I have already done this recently, and for what I was looking for in a 2.8" the badlands OG tread design had the skinniest profile while at 5" tall. The duratrax brand had a taller tire so I went with it, and honestly, I will be purchasing some OG badlands eventually to try them. Do some research, figure out height and width, and decide on a tread that fits what you are doing most of the time, the rest will fall in to place. Then you may decide to get a totally different tire just to try stuff out, and you should, welcome to a very expensive hobby. This is legitimately keeping me from getting my "super" Trooper going!!

Last edited:
OH.... FYI any proline premount wheel like the raid is a 12mm hex, so you will need the 12 to 17mm adapter kit, $10. some other brands are already 17mm hex wheels. The ET48 is already a 17mm hex

thanks @TEKNOJ for the info and confirming @Billl DeLong cautions about the chassis slap.

Can @a2lowvw and @PlayfordS confirm the blackflips (assuming ther 4s) allow for chassis slap?

I saw the other thread with brken gear boxes due to the lack of chassis slap, so looking for a tyre n wheel combo that alows it, and will get the chassis plates for proptection.

Cheers again

I can mount mine on my ET and verify as I just finished the build last night. I have both the 6S and 4S backflips that I can put on.

thanks @TEKNOJ for the info and confirming @Billl DeLong cautions about the chassis slap.

Can @a2lowvw and @PlayfordS confirm the blackflips (assuming ther 4s) allow for chassis slap?

I saw the other thread with brken gear boxes due to the lack of chassis slap, so looking for a tyre n wheel combo that alows it, and will get the chassis plates for proptection.

Cheers again
Yes, I can confirm that the chassis can slap the ground with the backflip 4s on.

so I failed to put my 6s backflips on but I put my Fireteam tires on which are 3mm smaller diameter. The front shocks bottom out before the chassis slaps, the rear does slap. Truck is setup 100% by the book so you may be able to adjust the front shock placement to allow for chassis slap.

0752EB94-735A-4B40-9FF4-5FDE258EC105.jpeg

Yes, I can confirm that the chassis can slap the ground with the backflip 4s on.
thanks @PlayfordS - think I'll dabble with the LP3.8 4s in that case, and also might get some Fasttrax 3.8 block tires, which seem identical to the Dutratrax tires.

Cheers again.

so I failed to put my 6s backflips on but I put my Fireteam tires on which are 3mm smaller diameter. The front shocks bottom out before the chassis slaps, the rear does slap. Truck is setup 100% by the book so you may be able to adjust the front shock placement to allow for chassis slap.

View attachment 8379
thanks @a2lowvw - those tires look huge!

What light bule paint did you use? Like the colour and am looking to do a marbling effect with white..

Cheers

Recent Popular Liked

Back