• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EC5 Bullet Insert Tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauly

TF Excellence Award
Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
  2. SCT410
  3. DB48
So I have to share this.....if you guys use EC5's or any other connectors where you insert the wire through the plastic housing first, solder the bullet, and snap the bullet into the housing, this is so helpful. I bought one from the link but it's just a Harbor Freight clamp with the rubber feet removed, and a slot dremeled in the foot for the wire. So simple, yet so effective.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EC5-RC-Con...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Handy idea, but I can't believe people pay $15 for a $3 harbor freight clamp. I just set the connector on the edge of a counter/table and tap the end in with a small screwdriver, takes all of 5 seconds... done a million of em. Now ive switched to castle connectors and they go on from the other side, I use the same technique. I could see the tool being very handy for someone who hasn't gotten a technique down yet though

Last edited:
Handy idea, but I can't believe people pay $15 for a $3 harbor freight clamp. I just set the connector on the edge of a counter/table and tap the end in with a small screwdriver, takes all of 5 seconds... done a million of em. Now ive switched to castle connectors and they go on from the other side, I use the same technique.

I wish I would've looked at the pics closer before I bought one or I would've made one myself. After doing it how you do for the past 5 years I wish I would've thought of this much sooner. I'm actually going to make a few for the guys at the track. Was thinking of switching to the Castle connectors when they 1st came out til I did the math on cost of converting everything:eek::LOL:

The castle connectors are really expensive true. I wouldn't bother converting existing stuff, nothingwrong with ec5s, I just went with the big castle 6.5mm's when I had some new stuff without connectors on them. I think there are some knockoffs out now, xt150s or something?

Ha Ha. That's so simple it's one of those "why didn't I think of that" tricks. So cool and will mod one of my 100 clamps lying around.

That is a good idea. I guess I have always just used a channel lock that I had laying around for my XT150 connectors. I do have to put a mating metal connector on to get it to fully seat in since the metal connector is recessed in the housing.

The castle connectors are really expensive true. I wouldn't bother converting existing stuff, nothingwrong with ec5s, I just went with the big castle 6.5mm's when I had some new stuff without connectors on them. I think there are some knockoffs out now, xt150s or something?

Definitely top notch connectors, but like you said nothing wrong with the EC5's.

Ha Ha. That's so simple it's one of those "why didn't I think of that" tricks. So cool and will mod one of my 100 clamps lying around.

I know right. I was kicking myself for actually buying one.:LOL:

That is a good idea. I guess I have always just used a channel lock that I had laying around for my XT150 connectors. I do have to put a mating metal connector on to get it to fully seat in since the metal connector is recessed in the housing.

Same with using the tool. Still need the mate to the bullet to fully seat it.

For seating, how about something like this using depth per whatever connector you use.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You're always thinking:)

Pretty cool idea except that some EC5's don't go in from the end. I know the Eflite brand goes in the other end so I use the punch from progresssive rc made to go around the wire.

My ec5s go in from the back. The trick is to insert them while they're still hot from soldering. The heat helps them to pop right in. I use a small flat head screwdriver if needed.

Sorry to bring back to life such an old thread, but does anyone have a photo of the camp spoken of in the first post?

I having a tough time wrapping my head around the clamp without a visual.

I usually just use channel locks with no issues, but am curious as to what this solution looks like as well!

Recent Popular Liked

Back