• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Ec5 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stokedcrf

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I recently Recieved some different ec5 connectors I haven't used in the past.

These ones have a cutout in the bullet, which made me question the way I have been soldering them all this time.

I've attached 2 photos... And I'm curious as to which way is the proper way.

Do you guys push the jacket right into the connector, or do you strip the copper further and keep the jacket outside of the connector altogether?

See attached pics for the 2 options :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_212334.jpg
    IMG_20220228_212334.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20220228_212248.jpg
    IMG_20220228_212248.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 118
I don't think there is a right/wrong way, just personal preference as either method will work.

My personal preference is not having any exposed solder, though I would probably cut the tab with my dremel so the jacket is flush, I'm not appreciating the offset look of the jacket pressed on the tab, but that's just my personal preference, certainly not any better way of doing it. All that matters is you get a strong clean connection.

I don't think there is a right/wrong way, just personal preference as either method will work.

My personal preference is not having any exposed solder, though I would probably cut the tab with my dremel so the jacket is flush, I'm not appreciating the offset look of the jacket pressed on the tab, but that's just my personal preference, certainly not any better way of doing it. All that matters is you get a strong clean connection.

I'm with you on the offset that bugs me. To be fair, the offset doesn't exist on 12awg because the wire is small enough...but the 10awg doesn't fit inside as nicely.

I have noticed that keeping the tab on with the 12awg actually helps "align" or keep the wire straighter, if that makes sense!

Recent Popular Liked

Back