• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Eb48 to MT410 conversion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smirkracing

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB410
  2. EB48
  3. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Hi All,

I am looking to convert my EB48 2.0 to an MT410 "2.0". Has anyone done this? I think the parts I need are:

-- front and rear shock towers (for MT height)
-- new front shocks - i think the MT runs 'rears' on all 4 corners
-- 4 sets of arms, links, CVDs, etc
-- 4 hubs for the bigger MT tires
-- body of course

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

If you are after a basher, check on what M2C Racing offers. You need to buy a chassis etc, might as well make a monster with the M2C kit with towers etc. M2C towers use Armma body mounts. Much to look at and think on as to what your goals are.

The very first thing I would do is compare buggy and truggy C and D blocks. That way you’ll know if arms are direct swap or not and if the buggy has a chassis compatible in width with the truggy rear assembly. If the chassis is a no-go, then I would just change my plans.

The EB 2.0 has “front” shocks on all corners. So you’ll need two longer ones for the rear.

The ET48 2.0 towers have enough real-estate to drill them and install the Arrma posts. Your best and easiest bet by far (cheap too).

Do the math before buying any part. That already sounds like a very expensive build.

Hi All,

I am looking to convert my EB48 2.0 to an MT410 "2.0". Has anyone done this? I think the parts I need are:

-- front and rear shock towers (for MT height)
-- new front shocks - i think the MT runs 'rears' on all 4 corners
-- 4 sets of arms, links, CVDs, etc
-- 4 hubs for the bigger MT tires
-- body of course

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

First of all, I applaud you for building and hopefully documenting the first MT410 2.0.

Here are a few pics from my EB48 2.0 and ET48 2.0, chassis should be compatible but A, B, C and D blocks won't. You can also see how much shorter the rear shocks of the EB48 2.0 are. They changed that on the EB48 2.1 and reverted to the full size backs if I'm not mistaken.

IMG_4640.JPG

IMG_4639.JPG

dsdf
First of all, I applaud you for building and hopefully documenting the first MT410 2.0.

Here are a few pics from my EB48 2.0 and ET48 2.0, chassis should be compatible but A, B, C and D blocks won't. You can also see how much shorter the rear shocks of the EB48 2.0 are. They changed that on the EB48 2.1 and reverted to the full size backs if I'm not mistaken.

View attachment 9010

View attachment 9011

@Nicochau Thanks so much for this very helpful info. I just helped a friend build an MT410, and I loved the way it drove, so I thought about converting my EB48 into a similar vehicle. I had (mistakenly) assumed this would be a drop-in sort of build. I'll have to re-think this in light of the great feedback you've given. I thought the EB48 chassis (and more importantly the suspension blocks) were identical across platforms. Clearly they are not, which means a lot of added effort + cost to get things where I'd like them to be. I'll have to re-think this.

Thanks to everyone who replied - much appreciated!

Yes, and with coupon at tower they are extremely reasonable in my opinion. Under $350 all in.

Recent Popular Liked

Back