• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

EB 48 2.1 -2mm bulkheads advantage???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdsmitty55

Reaction score
I did the rear "conversion" to -2mm on my 2.1 and did notice a difference, especially with yellow springs. I left the front alone. Wondering if anyone has any real world input about doing the -2mm bulkhead for the front? TIA

I run on high grip Astro (uk tracks), which I don’t think the car is meant to be particularly suited to (I’ve limited experience, so only repeating what I’ve heard)

If you change the gear box and hubs together to lower the drive line but not change the angle of the drive line, I presume this changes the COG of the car as well and therefore you would have less roll and therefore reduced grip generation through corners?

I know typically moving the gear box higher or lower changes the driveline angle and allows you to counter the driveline angle change caused by changing the ride height.

@Billl DeLong @Matthew_Armeni am i thinking about this the right way?

I no longer run TEKNO cars and the current brand I run doesn't offer the option to lower the diff case presumably because it isn't needed for this particular brand. I have ran some 1/10 cars in the past where folks were placing shims under the bulkheads to raise the diffs and I experimented with these options where I found they weren't necessary and took away too much grip for my liking.

There's a really good write up here:
https://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost.php?p=12738279&postcount=16

bucknuts said:
diff height = driveshaft angle
under power driveshaft wants to straighten, which pushes the tire into the ground for more traction. Downside is the drag and inconsistencies this causes cornering. On my T4 I might run the rear diff low if traction is low, on high bite conditions, all diffs up for best cornering. All of this is also dependent on ride height as well

Notice how he mentions the need to adjust ride height to account for the change which you referenced and this may be the reason that I wasn't having luck in the past because I never took the ride height into account.

I would be interested in hearing what you think and how much ride height change is necessary, my guess is that you probably need to offset the same -2mm ride height to acheive the intended change to keep the geometry in alignment with the -2mm case.

Recent Popular Liked

Back