• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Dumb question .. how to attach wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeekedupFL

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET410
Driving Style
Racer
So I have a dumb question

I built my et410 and I’m just about ready for break in and testing

however after bringing home some wheels from the hobby shop, I can’t understand how the wheels bolt up properly

do I need to convert the wheel outer hub to hex from the factory cog style hub ?

Or did my hobby shop just sell me the wrong wheels ?

Attachments

• 5CCCC411-0319-4BED-9D57-F828F77B8D5B.jpeg
    5CCCC411-0319-4BED-9D57-F828F77B8D5B.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 225
I didn't try forcing the wheels on ... yet. :)

i'll double check the set screws, but, i see what you're saying. The hex wheelset should bolt right up to these hubs. I don't need to change my outer hubs, right?

I felt dumb asking, but, just wanted to be sure. I didn't know if someone sold a line of wheels that had that "cog" shape vs the standard hex shape.

Are you talking about the shape of the 12mm hex or is the axle too thick to fit in the hole inside the hex? If you bought DE Racing wheels then yes, they need to be bored out with a 3/16" drill bit to fit thicker axles.

Just be sure to get AE offset wheels and then you're good to go!

The spokes of that cog shape go into the corners of the hex, so no material contact on the flats of the hex.

perfect, thank you

Recent Popular Liked

Back