• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Diff oil suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lasse

Reaction score
Hi there!
Got a great track at my backyard. Drivin on astro ( tons of grip with my Schumacher Spike and Stagger )
F 15 C 30 R 7K
The buggy goes fantastic but seen now on my new wheels that the front ones balloons just a little. Havent check the diffs for a while so can be warned out with oil…
But questions are:
Going thicker in the Center right?
Another thing: got a EB 48 2.0 thats gonna be build in the winter. If a found a great setup on my old EB 48.4 with the diffs - going on the same with my new one?
Kind regards fr Lasse, Sweden

3F857CC6-D00B-4965-9F9A-9585D1585B6C.png

Yes going thicker center will prevent the front from unloading and will balloon less, however that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I tend to run thinner fluids in my center diffs to make my cars more stable and easier to drive, yes the front tires wear faster, but stability is more important to me. Definitely experiment with the thicker diff to see if it feels better and go with whichever setup provides the better combination between hot lap and consistency.

Following chart from the Hudy tuning guide

1696338889162.png

Thanks 4 reply.

Recent Popular Liked

Back