• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Which oil diff good for track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy

Reaction score
Hi I have a question:
My car :🚩
tekno 1/8 et 48.2. 44 spur, 13 pinion, max 8 combo 2250kv motor. 4s running.
oil diff..stok: 20/20/10
shock oil: stock
truggy wheels-duratracks.
This is my third race. (the car is still new).
The problem:🚩
My car really has no grip on the ground..feels like the car is floating/spining wheels, my rear wheels playing from side to side.
As a result..when I come to a turn...I let off the gas...turn around...and I press the gas tothe exit turn...and the rear car turns 360, I also feel that it is not driving stable...always sliding from side to side.
my question:🚩
Why its happen, its oil diff..? How do I make the car stable and stuck to the ground and take precise turns.
How much in the middle/front/rear diffs.
I want when exiting the turn to press the gas and it will fly straight.
I tried putting 100k oil in the middle didn't help that much

I assume this is a ET48 2.0 because you put .2

Was the suspension built to the kit instructions geometry?

Reading your description my first thought was the tire choice might not be a good match for the track surface. I don't have any experience with Duratrax but tires can make a big difference.

My second thought was that maybe you're new to rc and your throttle control or lack of is causing your instability. That's not a bash at you but it can take some time to get used to driving away and toward you and using the brakes and throttle. Maybe try using the throttle in a more linear way. Give it just enough to get going and squeeze it on slower giving just as much as it will take without breaking traction.

I got a rig for my dad several years ago and he gave up because it was "uncontrollable". It was him though. He was 0 throttle or 100% with nothing in between. He just couldn't get it.

Anyways, just a couple thoughts.

Hi I have a question:
My car :🚩
tekno 1/8 et 48.2. 44 spur, 13 pinion, max 8 combo 2250kv motor. 4s running.
oil diff..stok: 20/20/10
shock oil: stock
truggy wheels-duratracks.
This is my third race. (the car is still new).
The problem:🚩
My car really has no grip on the ground..feels like the car is floating/spining wheels, my rear wheels playing from side to side.
As a result..when I come to a turn...I let off the gas...turn around...and I press the gas tothe exit turn...and the rear car turns 360, I also feel that it is not driving stable...always sliding from side to side.
my question:🚩
Why its happen, its oil diff..? How do I make the car stable and stuck to the ground and take precise turns.
How much in the middle/front/rear diffs.
I want when exiting the turn to press the gas and it will fly straight.
I tried putting 100k oil in the middle didn't help that much
Thanks alot champ..ya..you right...my punch was very high

First of all, what surface are you running on and do you have a picture of the tyres so I can see the tread?

I would suggest thicker oils in the diffs as that will smooth out the car and make it less snappy, in my EB48 2.0 which I race on Astroturf I am running 20k front / 20k centre / 10k rear.

Astro is quite a high grip surface so this oil setup works well. I see many people running their cars with far too thin oils in the diffs which makes the car dramatically and visibly unstable, snappy and unpredictable; some of this its down to driver skill and experience but the setup is very important.

Thanks alot champ
You can see the track in my youtube channel.the last vid.
g.b jumps & bashing
I have duratrax tires.from amainhobby

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back