• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Can’t find posts on shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougV

Reaction score
I have to start saving posts somewhere because my memory must be shot and I can never find the posts again.
Two questions on the nb48 2.1 shock assembly. I read somewhere to put 4-6mm spacers in shocks to keep dog bones from coming out. Is it 4 or 6 and is it front or rear or both.
Does the taper of the piston point up towards the cap or down towards the control arm?

I have to start saving posts somewhere because my memory must be shot and I can never find the posts again.
Two questions on the nb48 2.1 shock assembly. I read somewhere to put 4-6mm spacers in shocks to keep dog bones from coming out. Is it 4 or 6 and is it front or rear or both.
Does the taper of the piston point up towards the cap or down towards the control arm?
The guys that do this are putting 6mm in the rear shocks only. Having the driveshaft pop out really shouldn't be an issue anymore but the limiters are good for peace of mind.

We 99% of the time run the pistons with the taper side down, like this \_____/.

Thank you

What are drivers using for the spacers on their shocks? I am not sure what item to look for on the company website.
This is for the EB48 2.1.

A friend who also drives the same model suggested a Tekno part. He couldn’t recall which (possibly other) model the part might be categorized under.

Interestingly enough, he also suggested running the tapered side up where I will be driving. Longmont, CO and also down in Colorado Springs.

Thanks for any feedback!
I am waiting on a few last items before I take mine out for a maiden voyage.

Recent Popular Liked

Back