• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Buying ET48.3 soon. What parts will I need?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driving Style
Basher
Hi All,

I’m new to the Tekno forums and I will be getting an ET48.3 kit soon, what parts will I need to ensure the build goes smoothly? I intend to install the following parts:

Hobbywing Max8 ESC and Hobbystar 4082 1600kv motor

Arrma Katar wheels/tyres

JX HV bls servo

Futaba 3PV radio

I am aware that the ESC will need to be re-located due to the length of the motor is the MMM Germany ESC plate best for this?
https://www.mmm-germany.com/shop/tekno/

I am also going to purchase the Tekno aluminium servo horn.

Are there any other parts I may need?

The Tekno +2mm wheel hexes are required when using MT wheels. The Tekno shock multi-tool is great to have for building. Michael makes an awesome ESC plate but you may not have body clearance. I would check with him before ordering, it works better with MT bodies or a cage. If you're unsure I would just use a standard 74-76mm length motor. If you plan on big air, I would get aluminum chassis braces.

The Tekno +2mm wheel hexes are required when using MT wheels. The Tekno shock multi-tool is great to have for building. Michael makes an awesome ESC plate but you may not have body clearance. I would check with him before ordering, it works better with MT bodies or a cage. If you're unsure I would just use a standard 74-76mm length motor. If you plan on big air, I would get aluminum chassis braces.
The wheels are 0 offset Truggy wheels so should be fine?

Regarding the clearance issue, is there a way around this by mounting th ESC elsewhere. I already have the electronics from my Talion so don’t really want to buy a different motor.

Would the aluminium braces be from M2C?

Most non-racing wheels have a deeper hex. M2C makes an awesome wide chassis which allows multiple ESC locations and will accommodate any size motor. Another option is to shave off the receiver box and place the ESC there, then move the receiver behind the battery. Yes, M2C makes several different chassis braces and Michael also makes a center to rear brace.

Most non-racing wheels have a deeper hex. M2C makes an awesome wide chassis which allows multiple ESC locations and will accommodate any size motor. Another option is to shave off the receiver box and place the ESC there, then move the receiver behind the battery. Yes, M2C makes several different chassis braces and Michael also makes a center to rear brace.
What about the M2C ESC mount. Is there any benefit to compared to just sanding the receiver box?

With the stock body, the ESC will definitely not fit with the top mounted M2C ESC plate.

With the stock body, the ESC will definitely not fit with the top mounted M2C ESC plate.
Ok. I will have to try and mount it near the rear of the car behind the motor. My concern is that the MAX8 is quite big and it could possibly get damaged by debris/impact being so close to the rear wheel.

This is my MMX, it's tight but it works. It's fully covered underneath and the body covers the side of the ESC. The wires aren't as close to the pinion as it looks in the picture. I'm not sure how tight it is with the Max8.

This is my MMX, it's tight but it works. It's fully covered underneath and the body covers the side of the ESC. The wires aren't as close to the pinion as it looks in the picture. I'm not sure how tight it is with the Max8.

View attachment 2642
Ok. I’ll have a go at fitting the ESC there. If t doesn’t fit I could try mounting it on the steering plate.

Just bought the ET48.3 and Tekno aluminum servo horn. Looking forward to it!

If there is one person on this forum you should listen to it is def @Overkill the man has built quite a few really bad A tenkos. I listened to him quite a bit, he has been beyond helpful.

For strengthening the ET48.3 def check out M2C stuff specifically the chassis braces. Also they make a killer wide body chassis that lets you push the limits of ESC and motors

Recent Popular Liked

Back