• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Buying and building my first Tekno SCT410.3. I need ADVICE! What motor, ESC, Servo??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUSS

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. SCT410
Hey guys. Im getting back into RC after a long 15 year hiatus. Im getting ready to order a new 410.3 kit and am confused on what motor, esc, and servo to buy.
i want to run 2s-3s lipo and a sensorless motor. Ive been researching but dont know what KV motor is best or whether i should run an 1:8 scale motor instead of a 1:10 since these are on the heavy side.
Im leaning toward Hobbywing or Castle combos but wonder if i should buy their midgrade and not waste money on their top of the line setups. I prefer things to run on the cool side. Im very interested in your motor, esc, servo combos. What do you guys suggest?
i want to bash but might want to race as well. Also, any upgrades i should just do right off the bat?
Thanks for your help in advance.

I beat the snot out of my sct410.3 and I only recomend upgrading it if it breakes(like the hinge pin braces). The only exception is to get an aluminum servo horn right off the bat. If you want to race I would recomend the hobbywing max8 pro with 4300-4600kv combo on 2s. If you want to bash on 3s, maybe a max8 with 3200-3500 kv motor. Servo depends on how much you want to spend. If you have $100 i would recomend mks brushless servo. These trucks are tough. I completely destroyed a body before I broke my first part, which was a fast hit strait intomthe wall(took out an A arm and a hinge pin brace)

Honestly.... if you are more into bashing than racing, build an mt410. Same chasis, but truggy width.

I believe I had a savox 1258 servo in mine and it never let me down

Unless you are really sold on the sct design I would recommend the mt or a truggy, they are much easier to drive fast and are so much better in the air. You'll find if you're bashing they will be much more versatile and at home in a lot more locations. There are so many cool upgrades for the MT and truggy designs.

Servos depending on your plans, if your bashing, I recommend cheap servos, they aren't as reliable, but stripping gears on a expensive servo isn't fun either. There are lots of reasonable servos that will have good torque and speed, for under $50 us.

The Hobbywing stuff is very reasonably priced and I've had very good reliability with their motors and esc's. If your planning on racing, the Castle systems have good programming options, but can be a little pricey, the Hobbywing stuff is in the sweet spot for entry level racers. They have loads of combos that will suit your needs, as your requirements change. Just bear in mind if you're bashing you may want to look into a waterproof esc, a lot of the Sensored esc's aren't(most Castle esc's are).

If you're looking it racing, I'd highly recommend visiting your local track to see what classes are being run and what type of vehicles are being used. It will save you buying twice if you get the bug, racing is great fun and you'll definitely be able to be competitive with a Tekno. It is a good idea to check that you can get parts really easily as this will ruin your experience if you are always waiting for bits and pieces.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you choose!

Guys. I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice. It was invaluable. I am going with the Hobbywing xr8 esc and a 3400kv motor for a 3s set up. Castles were on back order so ill try them next time. I thought id get the basher motor first and see what the local rqces require if i decide to race later. Also im getting an aluminum servo horn as my big upgrade lol

any suggestions for bodies and good basher tires? Are there any bodies that have better aerodynamics and minimize the parachute effect?

Guys. I just wanted to thank you for all your help and advice. It was invaluable. I am going with the Hobbywing xr8 esc and a 3400kv motor for a 3s set up. Castles were on back order so ill try them next time. I thought id get the basher motor first and see what the local rqces require if i decide to race later. Also im getting an aluminum servo horn as my big upgrade lol

any suggestions for bodies and good basher tires? Are there any bodies that have better aerodynamics and minimize the parachute effect?
I just went with a proline chevy 1500 body on mine. I didn't have problems with parachuting because the bodies for this are narrow and stay pretty tight to the edges of the chassis.

I ran into some overheating and over gearing issues with this combo.(HW xr8 sct + 3660 4300kv)
Im now using the castle copperhead esc + 1410 motor 3800kv. with 20t pinion.(bashing)19t(racing)
Also. no more over heating! 30g lighter too.
I feel this combo/motor doesnt stress out as much as the 4300kv with a 16t pinion.

Recent Popular Liked

Back