• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

410.3 Bashing on 3S and 4S capable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thread !! Im currently facing the same decision regarding motor for a db48 build and this has cleared things up quite a bit. Will be revisiting this thread.

The 3S crawler batt's are inadequate for this build. It would work but for a very short distance!;)

Decided on a HW SCT Pro (w/ Programmer) and HS 3674-1900KV. I'll be picking up appropriate 3S and 4S later. As w/ the crawler build, I'll be taking my time w/ this too. I enjoy building and tend to stretch them out.

I do appreciate all the help here! I'm sure there will be more.
I build it. Tekno SCT410.3 with Ezrun Max8 Combo, and what should i say it is a little bit slow :). I guess i will go up to a 2600KV motor, maybe i'm more satisfied with the speed.
Guess a bigger Pinion would also do the trick. Running 15T Pinion in the moment and the motor isn't even handwarm after bashing a 4S 5500mah LiPo down in 13 minutes.
Parts you need. MT410 Motormount and MT410 Battery straps, i also exchanged the plastic crosses in the diffs against metal ones. Not sure if this was needed.
@smurfopax just to be clear, you referring to the 3674 1900kv right ? Im guessing that set up could easily go up to the 20ish t pinion increasing speed without heat issues. Would such motor work well paired with a hw max10sct esc on 4s ? In reference to the heat gun, I recently got this one and it’s been working great.
Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -58℉~1022℉ (-50℃~550℃)

The intent w/ my 410.3 build is to bash. No racing, just something faster than my crawler's top speed of 7.3MPH. I'll be running the SCT on baseball diamond hard packed clay w/ loose dirt and pebbles on top, and into the grassy areas. This will done through all four season - meaning precip of one form or another.

First, I have no clue what speeds for what ESC/motor/kv/battery combos will be. More importantly, what speed can I handle? I'm thinking 3S minimum since that is what I have, and definitely would try 4S, and maybe even tip-toe into faster/ depending on resulting speed. But is 5S or 6S likely, or is 4S plenty fast? Plus, higher speed = higher costs. Is it my ego thinking to go to fast? Budget is always a concern, but I'd rather, "buy once, cry once".

Bottom line as noob in bashing, what are your thoughts on going with a 4S max vs 6S max ESC/motor combo? I've researched threads and YouTube and made notes of suggestions and recommendations only to find my head spinning. A scenario such as mine seemed to end w/ a caveat of 'max 2S' or other (racing) restriction.

I am leaning towards the Hobbywing line; XR8 Plus or SCT with 3660 size sensored motor, but lost on what KV. Would it be best to base KV on 4S to begin with, figuring on a new different motor/KV if I step up to 5/6S? Is there a 'one-size' fits all motor/KV up to 6S? As you can see, I'm new to not only bashing, but brushless as well. The crawler is brushed since it's more for trailing than crawling. (BTW, it's been a blast!)

Oh - one more thing. What about installing a cap-pack? Is it a good idea?

Long, yes. Hopefully I made it clear in one post. I'm sure there will be more!

TIA, Dave
Shoot 2s is plenty of power on the track. Remember faster you go better chance something is going to break. Diff gears won't last long of you run a 4s and above

Shoot 2s is plenty of power on the track. Remember faster you go better chance something is going to break. Diff gears won't last long of you run a 4s and above

The truck can handle 4S just fine, just need to select the appropriate motor... for 4S I would run a 3660-1900KV motor.

In May 2020 I built this with HW SCT Xerun and HW Xerun 3660 3200KV Sensor combo.. In 3s (55 Watt Hour) batteries.. Wow this thing is fast and blast! No 4s needed. Easy 40-60 mph depending on gearing. 15T = 40 and 18T = 60

Attachments

• Version1Cage6.23.19.JPG
    Version1Cage6.23.19.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 179
If you install a 4274 can in the truck, it will fit just fine, but you'll need to upgrade to the 17mm axles/hubs or you will risk damaging the drive train. The truck will have so much torque that it will be very difficult to control. A 3674 can will give the perfect amount of extra torque without going too far.
Just axles and hubs? I have to shop at my local store. They do have Hobbywing. But seems Hw 3660 has way too much kv for 4s. 4268-2600kv 4274-2200kv is the 4s size. I don't race just want fun. Major power, loose, all over. Is 4268-2600kv on 4s bad idea. How many minutes could you run that hard.

Just axles and hubs? I have to shop at my local store. They do have Hobbywing. But seems Hw 3660 has way too much kv for 4s. 4268-2600kv 4274-2200kv is the 4s size. I don't race just want fun. Major power, loose, all over. Is 4268-2600kv on 4s bad idea. How many minutes could you run that hard.
I believe this is what Bill is referring to, example here.

3674 should be gentle (36mm as opposed to 40mm), yet durable (74mm) and the lower 1900kv better suited for the driveline ratio.

I’ve seen Traxxas use this can size a lot in their latest releases. Bought one myself to try, but haven’t run it yet.

Recent Popular Liked

Back