• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

48.3 Which should I get for Bashing(leaning toward ET 48 2.0)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MT or ET depending on how big the area you'll be driving. I've tried Arrma, and just not in the same league as Tekno. Bought the SCT way back, and now also own an MT,ET and 2 EBs.

But, if you really are not going to do any "bashing", the Arrma will do fine.

TFL

Tekno For Life! LOL!

Not sure if price is a consideration. If you buy the MT410 on Tower (and add a $6 item to your cart so you break $375) then your Tower Super Saver Member price is $320 for the truck. I don’t think there is a better deal, dollar for dollar, anywhere.

Alternatively, wait until Thanksgiving. So far, Arrma has unloaded at least one 1/8th scale vehicle each holiday season for absolutely insane prices. I got an Arrma Fireteam for $399 a few months ago, and a Kraton EXB for $429 the holiday season before that. If you are not sending it to the moon, those rigs will last a long time.

All in all, I’d go MT410 first, and ET48 2.0 if you can tolerate the price (also has coupon deal at Tower but is obviously a much more expensive rig).

I do have all the rigs mentioned by OP and the Teknos are by far the best to build and drive. Of course, what else would you hear on this forum? Over at Arrma forum you will hear the opposite.

If you like backflips and wheelies go with the MT

If you what more stability and a race like feel go with the ET

I personally like the long wheelbase on the ET you can bash it or race it

I think if I were to do it again I would skip the mt410 kit and build another et48 just for bashing. My 410 kit was stretched with a m2c chassis and all the braces. It’s really good but I think the 2.0 chassis is a better starting place. The easy access diff’s alone make the newer chassis worth it.

I think if I were to do it again I would skip the mt410 kit and build another et48 just for bashing. My 410 kit was stretched with a m2c chassis and all the braces. It’s really good but I think the 2.0 chassis is a better starting place. The easy access diff’s alone make the newer chassis worth it.
Im doing a et48 bashing build right now. I'm still waiting for it to arrive so just in the planning stage.

How would you build it for 4s? Im stumped on motor/ esc and diff oils and tires.

I got the m2c upgrade braces and a metal spur gear on order too.

I have both MT410 and ET48 and the ET48 is better all around, in my opinion. It is more stable and I think it flies through the air better. I prefer to bash with the ET48. The space inside is much better for putting electronics in. Just my opinion though.

I’ve owned the eb48, et48 and et410. Currently own eb48 2.0, et48.3 and an arrma Mojave exb that I put a notorious chassis on. I’m mostly a basher. Race basher, I set up little tracks when I bash. I don’t treat my cars nice! I drive them hard and push them to the edge of breaking. I would stay away from 1/10 scale for bashing. The eb48 is a very good buggy. It is more limited as to where I can drive the way it wants to be driven compared to the truggy and arrma. The et48 is definitely one of my favorite bashers of all time. It handles well is durable. As long as you keep it at 4s. The et48.3 imho is a better basher compared the the new platform, 2.0. The mt410 is the 48.3 arms on a buggy chassis. The arrma is a great car too. It is a beater compared to the tekno. It’s a tough car. It’s fun! It’s a keeper. If I could only have one I would choose the tekno. It’s just a fine machine. It will teach you about driving. These are race bread cars. They may spoil you so Just a heads up! I would say if you want a reliable, fast, good handling pretty dang durable rc car That you don’t have to upgrade out of the box. Get a tekno, get a truggy, they’re amazing. My arrma on the other hand I’ve had to do some upgrades to make it durable as I want to drive 6s. Luckily i got it for really cheap. There’s another thing. Teknos hold there value pretty well compared to other rc’s. Atleast that been my experienc. Never had a problem selling my teknos. Have fun!
damn what motor and set up are you running in your ET48? Im struggling with a build and would love to follow along with someone's build who has similar interests. And you sir sound like you know what youre talking about.

I have the hobby wing XR8 Plus with 2250kv in my ET48. For performance I love it so far. Its fast, stable, controlable on 4S, drives like a dream. I would like to see some suggestions for others like castle. I put a castle Mamba Monster X with a 1515-2200kv motor in my MT410. It is fast but on 4s it is nothing like the ET48. I would like to swap them and see how the castle performs in the ET48. I am thinking that the MT410 just isn't going to perform the same no matter what I put in it, its just not an ET48. I want to like castle more, I guess I like the green!!! Just can't seem to find the right combo for me.

I have the hobby wing XR8 Plus with 2250kv in my ET48. For performance I love it so far. Its fast, stable, controlable on 4S, drives like a dream. I would like to see some suggestions for others like castle. I put a castle Mamba Monster X with a 1515-2200kv motor in my MT410. It is fast but on 4s it is nothing like the ET48. I would like to swap them and see how the castle performs in the ET48. I am thinking that the MT410 just isn't going to perform the same no matter what I put in it, its just not an ET48. I want to like castle more, I guess I like the green!!! Just can't seem to find the right combo for me.
if you do swap it into the et48 let us know!. im motor/esc shopping for me et48 (still waiting on that too lol) and Im not sure what im going to get. I too like the green and want to go castle, but I've heard the 1515 can get hot for bashing and the 1520 requires the esc to be relocated. How is the hopbbywing for bash temps?

if you do swap it into the et48 let us know!. im motor/esc shopping for me et48 (still waiting on that too lol) and Im not sure what im going to get. I too like the green and want to go castle, but I've heard the 1515 can get hot for bashing and the 1520 requires the esc to be relocated. How is the hopbbywing for bash temps?
Equivalent sized and kv motors are going to more or less react the same temperature wise. The new 78mm can from hobbywing seems no different from the 74mm cans out there since the extra 4mm are for the sensor & stuff.

I personally find 74mm / 2200kv motors to work well for light bashing on 4s. If you're going 6s or large tires and want to rip non-stop then you should go for a longer motor. The 1520 is 88mm long and lower kv if a remember well, that's a big gap with 1515.

I personally find 74mm / 2200kv motors to work well for light bashing on 4s. If you're going 6s or large tires and want to rip non-stop then you should go for a longer motor. The 1520 is 88mm long and lower kv if a remember well, that's a big gap with 1515
Damn yea, I would consider the type of driving I'll be doing light bashing as I wont be doing jump and stuff at the get go. But I will be driving on grass.

If I do go the 1520, got any ESC mounting recommendations or narrower ESC's that will fit in the stock location?

Recent Popular Liked

Back