• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Any other racers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WdotDynamite

Reaction score
How many racers do we have on here? Im just getting back into it but im picking up speed fairly fast with this amazing buggy!

Great choice lol

Got into it last year. Currently racing my sct410.3, Stadium truck, 2wd sct, and M-05 indoors. Totally addictive...

I would love to. My local shop let me run my kraton for a few laps in an open class friendly race. I really enjoied it, and thought I did a pretty good job. Only problem is that a 1/8 monster truck like the kraton can easily tear up a 1/8 or 1/10 buggy. I was really worried about trashing someone's $1,200 race car, with my basher. I think the other racers were a bit worried about it too. They did like the back flips off the big jump though. :p I would love to have a car I really had to worry about. Kind of like driving in a video game opposed to real life. I tend to crash less in real life. The kraton can run into any race buggy and come out on top.

Hey-o! I race my SCT410.3 at my local track with a Viper VTX8 setup on 2S LiPO, along with a B5M with a bunch of mods and currently an overpowered 6.5T motor (my 10.5 blew up), and a near-stock SC10 with a 17.5T motor for the spec class. I was a sponsored driver by Venom at one point before they began to focus more on drone racing and I lost my spot on the team. I've been racing for a little over 10 years now, so LMK if anyone has questions about race prep or anything else!

I goof around on the local tracks trying to match the a-main times. That’s all I can do with the time I have (2 kids, wife, House, dog all that), last time I committed to a points series I was 15 in 1992

I'm in. SCT410.3 at R/C Central in Brooklyn, CT. Just started back up this year. Haven't raced since back in the Tamiya days of '92:)

I first got into racing back around 2010, but was just a casual rasher/basher type.... didn't really taking racing seriously until a couple years ago I started selling off all my basher rigs and have consolidated to mostly Tekno classes and an XRay XT2'17

I recently bumped up from Sportsman into Expert and have been starting to run a little closer with some of the local Pro level drivers :)

I’d love to race but there isn’t an 1/8 scale outdoor track within 100 miles of me. If someone knows of one please let me know! I’m in Cincinnati Ohio.

I haven't been out there, but take a look at KY RC Racing Club - https://www.kyrcrc.com/

Also, give http://www.coyotehobbies.com/ a call I think they sponsor (or used to) some tracks.

Thanks Woodie, I will check them out!

Thanks Bill, I have looked at those and most of them have closed or don’t have an outdoor or 1/8 track. I found one in Indiana that looks awesome but it’s about 3.5 hours away...I might be able to get there once a month at most.

Luckily though there are a couple bmx tracks nearby that I bash around on...hopefully I run in to some people there doing the same thing. Maybe we can start our own races or something. The tracks are at public parks.

really makes me feel grateful to get to race weekly at a facility like this in my area, I just can't imagine life without RC Racing!

40869709374_91fbdd2110_c.jpg

Reactions: Hye
really makes me feel grateful to get to race weekly at a facility like this in my area, I just can't imagine life without RC Racing!

40869709374_91fbdd2110_c.jpg
Wow that's a spectacular looking track!

I’d love to race but there isn’t an 1/8 scale outdoor track within 100 miles of me. If someone knows of one please let me know! I’m in Cincinnati Ohio.
What about the Ohio Rc Factory.....its in jeffersonville which ain't too far from Cincy. They run both 1/10 and 1/8th scale indoor and outdoor.

I've never been because I have a really nice track only 10 mins from me but Ive considered making a trip down.

Wow that's a spectacular looking track!

Thanks, I've helped volunteer to make quite a few layout at this club... it's very important for folks to volunteer as much time as they can to help keep a program going... the biggest killer of most tracks is the lack of help :(

Good grief that’s awesome. It’s the RC equivalent to an NFL level stadium.
Thanks, I will be sure to tell the owner of your analogy!

Here's a clip I did of a walk through of the facility to see what Thronhill is like:

They recently added a 1/10 turf track on the side, I attended a race clinic hosted by Ryan Lutz and Joe Bornhorst, they each took turns driving my car to help me get it setup for the new track:

Recent Popular Liked

Back