• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Any other racers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, how much does it cost to race there?
For regular club racing, it's $20 first class, $10 each additional on Saturday's for 3 quals and a Main
On Wednesday nights it's $10 each class for triple A Main, no quals, best 2 of 3 rocket round heads up
For big events, fees depend on the promoter... there are several sponsors who travel around the world and have made Thornhill part of their annual circuit, like TheDirt, SIK Racing and ProLine Racing to name a few... most vary between $40 - $65 per class and some events include a set of free spec tires and up to 3 days of racing, some events have $50 racing clinics with elite drivers which include a full day of tuning and pro race secrets... all big races have various trophies/plaques and even raffle giveaways with tons of goodies ranging from tools all the way up to a new kit.

Big race events are also perfect to get 1 race old tires for free from elite drivers who don't have space to take their tires back on the plane... their team manager typically has new wheels/tires shipped a week before the event to hand out to all team drivers attending the event.

Wow, how much does it cost to race there?
If your asking me im not sure. They have a Facebook page. But if I was to guess I bet you could practice all day for 10 bucks. That's how much EN Hobbies charge where I run

They recently added a 1/10 turf track on the side, I attended a race clinic hosted by Ryan Lutz and Joe Bornhorst, they each took turns driving my car to help me get it setup for the new track:

That is truly awesome to have the big dawgs run your rig to help with tuning. I will say you're not going to find better support than the Team Tekno guys. I'm jealous of what other areas have for racing. It's pretty desolate here in CT. That track layout is spectacular.

I race. not as much as i use to but i try to make the big events here in the southeast.

I go to the track as much as I can. My current schedule / life isn't matching up with my local track's race schedule (Wed night and Sat day-time) but I plan to get more into it when time allows. But I still hit-up the Thursday night practices routinely. I feel like I have learned a lot and gotten to be a much better driver in the past 2 years, just being at the track and pacing myself with the good guys. It's very fun.

At one time I had my own race series here in GA that ran once a month, ran at least one big event a quarter, and hit up club races at the track i helped build and start the club at. I enjoyed it a lot but my second and third child coming along and work changes slowed me down a bit. Now my son is getting interested in racing so ill be back at with him soon.

Count me in.
Pro 4 (SCT410), Ebuggy (EB48.2) and indoor clay and carpet (both 13.5 EB410)

really makes me feel grateful to get to race weekly at a facility like this in my area, I just can't imagine life without RC Racing!

40869709374_91fbdd2110_c.jpg
That is nice

I’d love to get back into racing. I used to race oval back in the 90s. I don’t think I want to do that again. It just sounds boring now. I would like to race on dirt/clay and there is an indoor location about 30 minutes from me but I just don’t have time right now. Maybe once the kids are older and I’m retired lol!

Recent Popular Liked

Back