• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

AllRacing 7075 aluminum gearboxes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a set on eBay on Monday, they followed up with me today letting me know that the black set I ordered was not in stock, but they have Tekno blue available. I went with the blue as it doesn't make any difference to me.

Was informed that they'll be shipped today, should expect delivery in 12-25 days.

How long did it take to get a reply back from Zack? I have e-mailed twice and neither has been responded too.
I'm not sure, I've only talked with him through FB.

Is there a solution to run these on the MT410, based on observation that the drive shaft is too long?

Is there a solution to run these on the MT410, based on observation that the drive shaft is too long?
The ET and MT use the same gearbox (TKR5012 front and TKR5016B rear). These gearboxes work on both platforms just fine.

I'll be installing this on my ET, but I did some test fitting with the short MT chassis. I’m concerned about MT owners bending their driveshaft. This will not be an issue for ET owners using the 3mm shorter Arrma driveshaft because it gives you an extra 3mm of free play. Since AllRacing decided to use 5mm width bearings in the rear gearbox versus the 4mm stock width, there’s a total of 2mm of lost free play in the driveshaft front to rear movement. Which is ALL of it, there is literally ZERO free play. This free play is important during chassis flex so you don’t bend the driveshaft. The front gearbox is not affected by this because the bearing width remains the same.

I notified AllRacing about this and they said they were going to make some adjustments to the gearbox.

The ET and MT use the same gearbox (TKR5012 front and TKR5016B rear). These gearboxes work on both platforms just fine.

I was referring to the upper post highlighting differences between ET and MT and the loss of free play using these on MT rear.

Can anyone provide an update on how theses gearboxes have worked out? Pros cons list maybe?

Also, there are multiple listings on Aliexpress with different prices. What’s the difference?

Thanks for your time.

No idea on the Aliexpress listings. I bought mine on eBay.

Never installed them on my MT410. They're packed away with all of my other truck stuff. Truck is in a Pelican case stored too.

Can anyone provide an update on how theses gearboxes have worked out? Pros cons list maybe?

Also, there are multiple listings on Aliexpress with different prices. What’s the difference?

Thanks for your time.
All I hear about them is that they are great, well finished and pretty much bullet proof.

There is a newer version that supports larger bearings for diff pinion. You may want to check that detail on the listing.

Thanks for your time.
I've had them on my car for well over a year now, never had a single issue. They have endured some pretty big front and rear end crashes which damaged the arms and suspension pins but no noticeable wear or damage to the gearbox cases.

The only criticism I have of them is that the bearing spacers they use to allow for the 6mm ID bearing to have a 5mm ID is made of a poor quality metal which wears quickly and then ends up destryoing the bearings.

I now use bearings which don't require the spacer, but they are hard to find and relatively expensive, I hafd to buy some from Germany last, even on Chinese sites the bearings are hard to buy in small quantities.

I now use bearings which don't require the spacer, but they are hard to find and relatively expensive, I hafd to buy some from Germany last, even on Chinese sites the bearings are hard to buy in small quantities.
Write please times the exact dimensions of the bearing what you finally use or villeicht a link to the store in Germany, with the corresponding article number that would be great!

Write please times the exact dimensions of the bearing what you finally use or villeicht a link to the store in Germany, with the corresponding article number that would be great!
I use 5x15x5 bearings in the rear gearbox case, this means I don’t have to use the spacer that comes with the gearboxes.

Here is where I purchased the bearings from.

https://shop.mikado-heli.de/Ball-be...=k_mikado_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=04468

Im looking at getting a set to Canada. Seems eBay is 50 dollars more but less sketchy seeming I’ve never purchased off Ali. Im tired of cooking the input bearings and the weak plastic housings. I’ve been having terrible luck with the gearbox cases.

Recent Popular Liked

Back