• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

AllRacing 7075 aluminum gearboxes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overkill

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. EB48
  2. ET48
Driving Style
Basher
Big thanks to AllRacing for making these 7075 aluminum gearboxes, beautiful machine work!

Sleeves are included.

The rear gearbox uses 6x15x5 bearings with the sleeve, or 5x15x5 without. The front gearbox uses 5x13x4 and 6x12x4 bearings with the sleeve, or 5x13x4 and 5x12x4 without. All of the above bearing sizes are available from Boca Bearings.

6x15x5 vs stock 5x13x4.

Contact Tang Allracing or Zack Wagner on FB.

It is awesome that these gearboxes use larger outer diameter bearings.

However, I don't quite understand the benefit of 6mm inner diameter bearings (and then using the sleeve to take up the 1mm difference). With the 5mm inner diameter, the actual ball bearings are larger. I would have thought that was better, but maybe I am wrong.

In terms of durability, which bearing is better: 5x15x5 or 6x15x5?

I’m not sure, perhaps because 6x15x5 is easier and cheaper to find (Avid, Amain, etc). I ordered some 5x15x5, 5x13x4, and 5x12x4 rubber shield bearings from Boca. The 5mm ID should be a “better” bearing.

Last edited:
So these are not directly compatible with stock bearings and gears?
I have no idea what the stock bearings are.. :)

I ordered both in red this week. Overkill, are you going to use flanged bearing with the metal one?

So these are not directly compatible with stock bearings and gears?
I have no idea what the stock bearings are.. :)
They come with larger pinion bearings. The stock bearings are 5x13x4 in the rear and 5x11x4 in the front.

I ordered both in red this week. Overkill, are you going to use flanged bearing with the metal one?
Cool, no just regular bearings.

They come with larger pinion bearings. The stock bearings are 5x13x4 in the rear and 5x11x4 in the front.

Thanks for the info! :)

Contact Tang Allracing or Zack Wagner on FB.
Well that's unfortunate. I still will never understand why people, especially anyone looking to sell something, would limit their audience to just one platform.

I don't facebook and I know many others that don't and/or leaving facebook so guess who's not buying this gearbox? :rolleyes:

So, I guess when I have the differential issue many of us have, I'll be buying this setup. :)

Most of Allracing parts can be found in Ali exp but the gearboxes are not yet there, I don’t know why.

I'm sure they'll be available online soon enough, they were just made.

I'll be installing this on my ET, but I did some test fitting with the short MT chassis. I’m concerned about MT owners bending their driveshaft. This will not be an issue for ET owners using the 3mm shorter Arrma driveshaft because it gives you an extra 3mm of free play. Since AllRacing decided to use 5mm width bearings in the rear gearbox versus the 4mm stock width, there’s a total of 2mm of lost free play in the driveshaft front to rear movement. Which is ALL of it, there is literally ZERO free play. This free play is important during chassis flex so you don’t bend the driveshaft. The front gearbox is not affected by this because the bearing width remains the same.

I notified AllRacing about this and they said they were going to make some adjustments to the gearbox.

Will it be a problem for ET owners who using the stock rear driveshaft?

For MT owners, the only way I see fixing this would be to have a shorter driveshaft made or re-machine the gearbox bearing width to 4mm. However, using a 4mm width bearing really limits the size choices, 5mm width has a TON of choices. I really like being able to use a 5x15x5 bearing, it's much bigger than stock. Maybe it would be best to leave the bearing sizes alone and just make a shorter driveshaft for the MT guys.

Recent Popular Liked

Back