• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

ET48 2.0 AllRacing centre gearbox

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimJam

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
Driving Style
Racer
I love the idea of this enclosed centre gearbox as I love the quietness of the plastic spur gear and wanted to protect it from small stones and crap from getting into the mesh and destroying it, so I ordered it and fitted it when it arrived. It seemed to go together well, if a bit tight, around the rearmost bearing that supports the spur gear end of the diff. The drivetrain seemed pretty stiff on the first run, but about half way through it suddenly just loosened up, and I thought "hey, that's cool!"
A couple of packs later, I wanted to make sure that the gear mesh was still ok, and half way through dismantling the cover, I decided to change back to the original setup. I'm glad I did, because on inspecting the diff, I saw that the rearmost bearing, where the AllRacing part was the stiffest to tighten down, the outer race of the bearing was cracked. So, on dismantling the diff to replace the bearing, I found that I couldn't remove the outdrive from the spur...the lip that the bearing sits on coming out from the face of the spur gear had been squashed down onto the shaft of the outdrive into the groove, and so I had to destroy the spur to remove it. Luckily, I had already bought a new spur, so I was able to get back up and running again straight away.
Does anyone have any experience with these? Should I have used a smaller bearing with the AllRacing gearbox? There was nothing mentioned in the packaging and I can't find a website for them, so I don't know if I'm at fault, seeing as they have such a good reputation.
Any help would be much appreciated, or a way of contacting them to find out what the deal is.
Cheers!
ae_1693895831085.jpg
ae_1693895860173.jpg

Recent Popular Liked

Back