• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

After many rtr's, the MT410 is my first kit...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teknological

Reaction score
I have added the T-Bone wheelie bar since these pictures were taken and it's been to cold here in NJ to paint the Proline Baja Bug body I got for it.

0316181028.jpg
0316181134.jpg
0316181218.jpg
0316181550.jpg
0317181637.jpg
0319181745a.jpg
0319181745.jpg

Congrats! Just built my first mt410 as well! I actually enjoyed building it so much that I’d be willing to build another for someone who doesn’t want to do it themselves. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats. Once you go kit you'll never wanna go back to rtr. It's a shame that so many good models are only RTR.
You learn so much, and if you're like me, it's almost more fun to wrench than drive.

Congrats! Just built my first mt410 as well! I actually enjoyed building it so much that I’d be willing to build another for someone who doesn’t want to do it themselves. :ROFLMAO:
I totally get it!

Congrats. Once you go kit you'll never wanna go back to rtr. It's a shame that so many good models are only RTR.
You learn so much, and if you're like me, it's almost more fun to wrench than drive.
I agree! I learned so much during the build AND it was fun.

Looks real good @Teknological. You might want to route that receiver antenna else where so it doesn't get wrapped up in the shocks and rip it out. ;)

Nice job. I may have missed it but what body are you going with?

I have built and maintained a fair number of RC's. I love my Losi rigs like no other but the manuals are better served as target practice or TP which is so weird for such a good product.
I say the above because my MT420 was my first Tekno and 2nd race bred RC. You have got to be kidding me is what I said when I opened up the box and saw a manual in English and more than 1 page. I like building but didn't really want to build a kit at the time. Pauly helped me with a couple of parts in the manual I didn't understand and it was one of the best build experiences I had.

Then I ran the Tekno and other than 1/5 scale or it being free no way could I find a smoother, more durable and fun RC.Tekno will get my next purchase without question.

I have built and maintained a fair number of RC's. I love my Losi rigs like no other but the manuals are better served as target practice or TP which is so weird for such a good product.
I say the above because my MT420 was my first Tekno and 2nd race bred RC. You have got to be kidding me is what I said when I opened up the box and saw a manual in English and more than 1 page. I like building but didn't really want to build a kit at the time. Pauly helped me with a couple of parts in the manual I didn't understand and it was one of the best build experiences I had.

Then I ran the Tekno and other than 1/5 scale or it being free no way could I find a smoother, more durable and fun RC.Tekno will get my next purchase without question.

The Tekno's are very nice but don't think that they are sent from the heavens. Most of the people saying how they are the best have no experience with any other 1/8 scale competition level kit. Any of the 1/8 kits are very nice and are VERY similar to each other in design. Remember, Tekno was the last to join this class, so it's no surprise that they jumped on the bandwagon of similar design but made improvements. Each brand seem to have their little differences. For example, Tekno for some reason has not yet gone to quick access diffs - On many of the competitors, such as the TA RC83T3 I had before the Tekno, the differentials come out very easily with removing 4 screws on the front/back of the diff case. Same with the center diff, it's out with 4 screws vs 6 on the tekno, not a big deal but it is a difference. On the flip side, the Tekno has next to no suspension slop, whereas my RC83Te new out of the box had the most horrendous amount of front end suspension slop i've ever seen and it was one of the factors that lead me to selling it.
Another difference I noticed is the size of the diffs themselves on the Tekno vehicles are smaller, almost 1/10 scale size. Take a look at a 1/8 AE or Losi, ETC, they all have larger sized differentials, front, rear and center. Well the reason is because smaller rotating parts equals better acceleration, so Tekno designed them to be as small as possible. Great idea for racing, maybe not so for bashing as we've seen folks with center diffs overheating... I also notice the gear noise is louder on the Tekno, possibly because the smaller gears are cut different?
I'd say for me the #1 thing about Tekno is their plastic composition. it is stiff yet is able to bend/flex enough to not break. it's impressive and holds up better than my AE stuff did.
No rig is perfect, but all in all I think that any competition 1/8 vehicle is really awesome and it is impossible to make a bad choice with one.

I was actually going to buy the new revo but really thinking it would be wiser to buy tekno instead.
I have a castle sidewinder 8th ready to go.

I was actually going to buy the new revo but really thinking it would be wiser to buy tekno instead.
I have a castle sidewinder 8th ready to go.
Get the Tekno, you'll be happy you did!

I've only owned two Losi's, a DBXL-E, which I recently sold and a Mini Rally, I really enjoyed them both. I went with the Proline Racing Baja Bug body for my MT410. I am waiting for the warm weather to paint it.

MT410 Kit eh? I must resist, I must resist...

It was actually the Traxxas forums where I heard about the MT410. Well, before the Traxxas Gestapo deleted the post and kicked the user for mentioning the competition.
Hi, I am fairly new to the Tekno family. In the middle of building my MT410. I was looking for information about placing the antenna wire and saw your post about the Traxxas forum deleting post about competition. My first RC truck was the Slash 4x4 1/10 scale that I mod the crap out of. I too got in trouble for mentioning using batteries that weren't Traxxas.
Too funny, those Traxxas people need to chill a bit.

Hi, I am fairly new to the Tekno family. In the middle of building my MT410. I was looking for information about placing the antenna wire and saw your post about the Traxxas forum deleting post about competition. My first RC truck was the Slash 4x4 1/10 scale that I mod the crap out of. I too got in trouble for mentioning using batteries that weren't Traxxas.
Too funny, those Traxxas people need to chill a bit.
When I got my V1 Erevo I went to Traxxas Forum and quickly realized it's a bunch of jerk holes with sticks up their butt about anything and everything so I joined 2 Erevo groups on FB. In one of them, I was called a pvssy for not running 6S and I was like 'well if you wanna pony up the money for replacement parts then sure, I'll run 6S on this financial mistake.' That Erevo was my first hobby grade RC and subsequently it was stolen from my carport hobby room along with everything else that made it go so I had to start all over and got a MT410. I'm glad the erevo was stolen and I got the MT410 because I was tired of buying replacement parts every paycheck. Unless I win some lottery money and buy a Traxxas and destroy it I'll never buy another RTR. Kits are where it's at.

Recent Popular Liked

Back