• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Why does the receiver box got so many holes in it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZUMA

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
What's with all the holes in the receiver box? They are for wiring right? Is it a good idea to cover them up if not being used? Just seems like an easy way to get dirt and water on your receiver.

They are there so you can mount a transponder if desired.

I suppose you can cover the holes up but I don't think its necessary at all.

@ZUMA I've never had an issue with dirt and water getting into the receiver box, but if you wanted to. You could plug the holes with some clear silicone.

This would close up the holes and if you decided you wanted to mount a transponder later you could easily remove the silicone.

Funny story :ROFLMAO:

This was from my first run on the MT410 with an attempt to seal up some holes. I was using some shoe goo at the time and just put some on the top holes. And some tape on hole next to the rear drive shaft (I guess that was not enough). So I'm guessing all this dirt came in from the hole where the wires go into the box. I have some foam in the hole with the wires now. See if the stops the dirt the next time I go out.

I love this thing by the way, wish I would have gotten it a long time ago.

I've heard that some of those holes are "pressure-relief/moisture evaporators". You have to remember that the electronics are in close proximity to one another, an they tend to get pretty warm. A fully watertight/airtight seal would expand with heat pressure. Also, they are thinking that there are a LOT of variations in barometric pressures with all their customers, so this is a one-stop shop type of consideration to appeal to the broadest market as possible with the fewest design errors.

Like I said, I'd only read this reason for the holes, but I tend to agree with it, as it's been proven that Tekno really does engineer their products thoughtfully.

I use a radiolink 6ch receiver which has two antenna wire. I run the antenna through a hole leaving about 1.5in showing and shoe goo it to seal it up :) I have great signal range and a clean radio box :)

Recent Popular Liked

Back