• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

I have one screw to many and it's driving me nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamiyauberalles

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Just finished building my MT410, still waiting for a body I ordered online (seriously nothing fits that thing, even some in the compatible chart from Tekno themselves).
I was left with 2 screws first, but that extra tiny one was to secure the antenna to the RX box...
I'm left with a single screw, M3x8mm countersunk. Can't for the hell of me see where it could possibly go.

Any idea?

Just finished building my MT410, still waiting for a body I ordered online (seriously nothing fits that thing, even some in the compatible chart from Tekno themselves).
I was left with 2 screws first, but that extra tiny one was to secure the antenna to the RX box...
I'm left with a single screw, M3x8mm countersunk. Can't for the hell of me see where it could possibly go.

Any idea?
No idea to be honest, but I had the same thing happen to me during a build I just had 2 extra screws and no clue where the heck they went.

I had extras as well. In fact, one extra of just about every size. I just figured they included those as insurance in case a screw had messed-up threads. Maybe it depends on who is packing the box that day???

No idea to be honest, but I had the same thing happen to me during a build I just had 2 extra screws and no clue where the heck they went.
Same thing with my MT410.however i believe it is there for use depending on your choice of servo horn and its mounting position relative to the link arm in order to clear the servo.your mounting position did not require it.as did mine.

Any idea?

I just recently finished my build and had the exact same M3 screw left over. I’ve got an idea on it but haven’t called Tekno yet to see if I’m right. There aren’t too many of that size screw in the kit. I went through the manual and inspected each location that called for that size. Most of them were listed on pages 20 or 21 if memory serves. If you look at the screw legend on page 21, Bag O, it shows 6 of those screws listed. Then, if you look at the build step illustrations for Bag O, it just shows 5 of those screws being used on the underneath side of the chassis plate. For Bag O, I do not see where a 6th M3x8 flat head is used. I was thinking maybe this is an error on the screw legend. If so, perhaps this is causing an extra screw to be bagged during the packing process.

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back