• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Advantage to extended frame on MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
What is the advantage to extend the frame on the MT410 to the ET frame? In other words, if one has an Mt and a ET why make the MT an ET. What is the advantage? Both trucks have their place in the fleet for different experience in handling. Curious to hear form those who have done this and have both trucks. Thinking of turning one of my MT into the extended version. Not sure. Thanks.

LWB or extended chassis MT makes for a very different RC:
  • a lot more stable at speed. Can take a lot more power as a consequence
  • Less playful and much diminished air control
SWB / LWB are so different it’s worth owning both. Now if you already have an ET, you can keep the ET “race ready” and turn the MT into an ultra stable LWB bashing truck with less chassis flex.

I personally like the stretched MT a lot, i feel it is very plush ride I appreciate. Bonus, you can put a real truck body on it, whereas the Truggy stock body is fairly ugly.

Last edited:
Good info. How does the LWB compare to the ET for running behavior?

Good info. How does the LWB compare to the ET for running behavior?
It really depends on how you have it setup.

I have an m2c chassis that is significantly stiffer than the stock ET48.3 chassis. The smaller MT towers (compared to the ET) work well with it, they keep the shocks in a more horizontal position and provide a more plush ride.
That plush ride is important to preserve since the chassis itself is not going to flex that much and forgive the imperfections of the track. Hence still running green springs as well. The plush suspension is going to makeup for the stiffness of the chassis and preserve traction. But the truck will sway more than a stock ET. Although slower on the track, this setup (stiffer chassis, smaller towers, soft springs) is very fun to drive. It has a really nice feeling of precision.

I do not own an ET but I absolutely agree with everything @Nicochau said about the differences of the SWB and LWB.

I picked up an MT410 on sale and bought the M2C ET48.3 chassis, the stock ET rear brace, and rear drive shaft - about as stock as you can get. It puts a smile on my face every time I take it out. I would recommend that every MT410 owner build a LWB version, if possible.

Talked me into it. Looking forward to putting it all together.

Has anyone done this conversion with the M2C racing chassis? Looking to convert my MT to ET as well. Can't justify the basher chassis kit personally.
Not really a send it kinda guy, mostly just running on a track at home these days. Looking to convert it on the cheap. 😁 Thanks.

M2C says the racing chassis is too light for bashers, it is for track only.

The basher kit is a wide body MT 410. For extending it use the frame above. It is just frame, center brace and servo mount. Will need the long servo arm extra. Then add the updates as you need them over time from bent or breakage. What I plan on doing for the extended version. Have not been easy on the ET410 and have not bent or broken anything yet.

M2C says the racing chassis is too light for bashers, it is for track only.
I did read that on their site..not sure I understand it though. Stock Tekno is "lightened" 4mm 7075, M2C "racing" chassis is also "lightened" 4mm 7075?
Not a racer myself but isn't racing pretty rough on a rig?
Just asking, not looking to argue by any means.

May have something to do with how much material they mill out of the plate.

May have something to do with how much material they mill out of the plate.
I will likely just get the Tekno plate and rear driveshaft. Only reason I considered the M2C racing chassis was that it was cheaper. I've never bent a chassis in in 35 years. Sure it could happen, but I can accept the risk.
Bought the MT thinking I was going to be doing more ramps and such, but find myself running on a track(for fun) more than anything else.
The short wheelbase just isn't the ticket for that.

I will likely just get the Tekno plate and rear driveshaft. Only reason I considered the M2C racing chassis was that it was cheaper. I've never bent a chassis in in 35 years. Sure it could happen, but I can accept the risk.
Bought the MT thinking I was going to be doing more ramps and such, but find myself running on a track(for fun) more than anything else.
The short wheelbase just isn't the ticket for that.
The m2c “racer” chassis is not a bad option. It is significantly stiffer than stock and will protect the driveline for light bashing.
The stiffness will take away some bight compared to the stock chassis though.
I use mine on a home made track as well, with the stock green springs.

The m2c “racer” chassis is not a bad option. It is significantly stiffer than stock and will protect the driveline for light bashing.
I suppose M2C is stating racing only to differentiate the intended use between it and the hardcore basher chassis. I am on the fence on which to choose.. seems the Tekno is more readily available and basically a guaranteed perfect fit. No M2C experience personally, but have heard of different fitment issues around the "net" on M2C products. Not making any claims of course.✌
So, you suspect the M2C to be stiffer? Hmm..

Last edited:
I suppose M2C is stating racing only to differentiate the intended use between it and the hardcore basher chassis. I am on the fence on which to choose.. seems the Tekno is more readily available and basically a guaranteed perfect fit. No M2C experience personally, but have heard of different fitment issues around the "net" on M2C products. Not making any claims of course.✌
So, you suspect the M2C to be stiffer? Hmm..
That's exactly it, they labelled it as "racer" in opposition to the basher (wider) chassis that is a pure hardcore basher chassis.

I personally have no experience with the wide chassis that I would consider as overkill for my needs, but do use this "racer" chassis on my stretched MT410 and like it a lot. If my build had a longer motor can, running 6s and an ESC relocation, I would no doubt use the wide version.

I just wanted to stress the fact that it is not really a racing chassis, it just works great on a light basher. No fitment issues on mine, but I did see problems from others.

That's exactly it, they labelled it as "racer" in opposition to the basher (wider) chassis that is a pure hardcore basher chassis.

I personally have no experience with the wide chassis that I would consider as overkill for my needs, but do use this "racer" chassis on my stretched MT410 and like it a lot. If my build had a longer motor can, running 6s and an ESC relocation, I would no doubt use the wide version.

I just wanted to stress the fact that it is not really a racing chassis, it just works great on a light basher. No fitment issues on mine, but I did see problems from others.
Great info, thanks. I've had each of the 2 in online carts more times than I can remember..still haven't pulled the trigger,LOL.
I keep telling myself I need to keep trying to tune different things before I spend ALL that money,LOL. $120, like it's alot! HaHa.

Great info, thanks. I've had each of the 2 in online carts more times than I can remember..still haven't pulled the trigger,LOL.
I keep telling myself I need to keep trying to tune different things before I spend ALL that money,LOL. $120, like it's alot! HaHa.
I know! I brought my attention to other things (work, sports) lately and it is probably for the better as my RC spend decreased drastically.

Part of the game is to build great RCs without throwing too much money at it. Simple builds are often the most fun as well.

Has anyone done this conversion with the M2C racing chassis? Looking to convert my MT to ET as well. Can't justify the basher chassis kit personally.
Not really a send it kinda guy, mostly just running on a track at home these days. Looking to convert it on the cheap. 😁 Thanks.
You're not a "send it guy" YET. If you had an indestructible and stable chassis, you might think differently!
Which chassis are you referring to for the "racer" chassis? This?
https://m2cracing.net/shop/shop.php...-BUGGY-CHASSIS/p/478044855/category=136155009

I'd just as soon have the extra protection with the wider extended one for the 48.3 truggy chassis (M2C 6825) linked earlier. Especially if it's a direct fit. Less worry about bent driveshafts and such. If looking to make the MT410 a stable platform by extending (which is already going to add some weight), a little more "extra" weight from the wider, more robust chassis could be a worthwhile trade off for piece of mind.

Recent Popular Liked

Back