• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Your Favorite MT410 Tire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. ET48
  2. MT410
  3. SCT410
Driving Style
Basher
Trying different tire combo's on Mt410. What is your favorite tire? Proline Badlands offer great traction but are too small in diameter. Louise Mt Pioneer are great for wet winter running, float over tall wet grass and wet muddy ground. Think they are too big for summer running. Like the Dboots Backflips, I think. Out of stock every where. There are over dboot tire patterns, not sure how good they are. Armma Copperhead, Sand Scorpion, Pincer. Any users of any of these and your experience?

I agree with you on the Badlands. I tried them on both 4S and 6S and missed the flippiness of a large diameter tire. The HSP's I have on my truck are just OK. I taped them so they don't balloon but they don't hook up very well. The MX38's have completely ruined my opinion of any other tire in the grip department. There's not another tire on the market that hooks up as good and the size is perfect. Only downfall is they balloon so much they actually eat bodies, but are still my favorite. I like the Pro-Line Rock Rages too. They're really tall and not as wide as most PL's but they lack a bit in traction. The PL Trenchers (not the x's) hook up good too and are pretty narrow. They need hex extenders to run on the MT410 as premounts with the zero offset wheels. The wheels and tires from the MT4/Rival are a decent all surface tire. What they lack in grip is made up in long wear life and they're super lightweight for an MT tire.

Basically it boils down to your expectations, driving style, and preferences. What I like the best might be subpar in your opinion. I run my MT410 to be a full on stunt truck. I want flips galore, crazy traction, and ballooning to make the flips even crazier;) The MX38's fit the bill perfectly for all of that.

Are you sure the trencher 40 on 0 offset wheels need an hex extender ? Does they hit the body ?
Because i'm about to buy some

yes they do hit the body when turning, i have them. i need the extenders because the wheels dont have the 1/2 in offset
they are different from the trencher X which are wider but a bit shorter too, but have the 1/2" offset
they are excellent tires IMO but i dislike how heavy they are. when it's time for the next set i will look into dboots possibly, not sure but will probably go for something lighter. dont know how much dboots weigh though and not a huge fan of teh weird pentagram wheel style.
i used to have a Rival, the tires are decent but they are thin, that's why they're lightweight, i tore one apart doing donuts and the rubber is pretty thin, didnt want that to happen again so i went to prolines, but they are like twice the weight, so i'm kind of looking for something in between for the next set. hoping someone can get a weight on the dboots...

Last edited:
I’m using shockwaves. The backflip tires gave me rear pinion gear and diff housing issues. I also agree with the badlands not being a good fit.

I’m using shockwaves. The backflip tires gave me rear pinion gear and diff housing issues. I also agree with the badlands not being a good fit.
The backflips didn’t give you any ring and pinion issues. The driveline of these trucks can take tires much larger and heavier than backflips all day long. The ring and pinion /diff case destruction is simply a result of the outdrives set screw coming loose. Crank it down nice and tight with some red thread lock and you can run big tires without worry.

The backflips didn’t give you any ring and pinion issues. The driveline of these trucks can take tires much larger and heavier than backflips all day long. The ring and pinion /diff case destruction is simply a result of the outdrives set screw coming loose. Crank it down nice and tight with some red thread lock and you can run big tires without worry.

I don’t agree that the tires have no harsh effect on the diffs. I also don’t believe it was the tires alone that did the damage. I do use red loctite and I crank down hard. I do this on my motor pinion as well.

The first time this happen I was running 6s. It was during mild jumps, but I was aggressive on the throttle. It sounded like a gear skip. After a month of back and forth with tekno tech (I believe his name was Thomas) the best solution we came up with was to take my mt to the nearest shop that repaired tekno. They read me off a few shops, but they were about an hour away. I went to the nearest well known for racing hobby shop near me (not one that was recommended by tekno) and he wasn’t much help. He advised me to drive it until it breaks. At the time I would hear one loud click while doing standing backflips. I fallowed the advice of tekno and used 4s. I also did what the hobby shop guy suggested and ran it until I got to failure which was a few weeks later.

There was metal shaving in my rear diff housing. I replaced all the diffs housing internals. Right away I hear the click again. This time I replace the housing and it was fixed:love:. It worked well until I started doing bigger jumps.

This is when I realized where the weak point of the diff is. It is where the bearings rest in the housing. The lip that holds the bearings from pressing into each other is small and thin. When that goes, the diff pinion starts to have excessive play.

The third time I had to replace the diff housing was after I bent both drive shafts. The rear diff pinion was forced into the rear diff. I still have the pinion with both bearing still on it at home completely remover from the housing. In between the bearings is the thin plastic sandwiched.

I’ll post pictures when I get home. I’m out of town. I agree it wasn’t entirely the fault of the backflip tires. But they did put additional stress on the drivetrain. 6s and backflips just don’t work well on the mt410.

By the way, I have read through your posts. You are very knowledgeable on tekno’s. I hope I gave enough detail to explain my statement. I have 7 sets of backflip tires. Trust me I want them to work. Shockwaves just last longer before I run into issues.

Last edited:
I didn’t know you were running 6s. Albsolutely running hard on 6s with big tires there’s always potential for carnage:)

yes they do hit the body when turning, i have them. i need the extenders because the wheels dont have the 1/2 in offset
they are different from the trencher X which are wider but a bit shorter too, but have the 1/2" offset
they are excellent tires IMO but i dislike how heavy they are. when it's time for the next set i will look into dboots possibly, not sure but will probably go for something lighter. dont know how much dboots weigh though and not a huge fan of teh weird pentagram wheel style.
i used to have a Rival, the tires are decent but they are thin, that's why they're lightweight, i tore one apart doing donuts and the rubber is pretty thin, didnt want that to happen again so i went to prolines, but they are like twice the weight, so i'm kind of looking for something in between for the next set. hoping someone can get a weight on the dboots...
What if i cut the body a little ? Also what hex extender do you use?

Hello all!

I am a new MT410 owner, and I’m trying to pick out an appropriate tire/wheel combo. I’ll be running 4s and will mostly be using the truck for bashing/stunts. My hope is to not put unneeded strain on the drivetrain with wheels like the MX38s. Currently, I have a set of Lockup MT’s which are too wide and heavy.

I’ve narrowed it down to:
Dboots Backflips
Proline Shockwaves
Proline Badlands 3.8 (original)

Which would you recommend knowing that I’ll be doing lots of big jumps and flips?

Thanks for your time!

Hello all!

I am a new MT410 owner, and I’m trying to pick out an appropriate tire/wheel combo. I’ll be running 4s and will mostly be using the truck for bashing/stunts. My hope is to not put unneeded strain on the drivetrain with wheels like the MX38s. Currently, I have a set of Lockup MT’s which are too wide and heavy.

I’ve narrowed it down to:
Dboots Backflips
Proline Shockwaves
Proline Badlands 3.8 (original)

Which would you recommend knowing that I’ll be doing lots of big jumps and flips?

Thanks for your time!

I believe the dboots woukd be the best from what I've read. They are super tall yet lighter than any proline MT tires. The 3.8 badlands are a full inch smaller, they are smaller than any of the 3.8 monster truck tires, they are actually closer to truggy size than MT size.
The shockwaves have shallower tread. I haven't used them specifically but they are similar to traxxas talons which I've had and were not impressed with, it had way less traction than other tires with deeper tread.
My trenches are super tall, same height as dboots but weigh more, I would like to try the dboots when the trenches are done.
Just a note, there are multiple dboots tires from what I've found. Make sure it's the backflip dboots whic are 6.8inch diameter

Thanks for the input everyone. I just mounted up my new dboot Backflips, and I like the size much better than the Lockup MTs. They are the same height but about half the width and are considerably lighter. I'm very excited to take these for a spin!

All the best!
BE6F2774-E212-4E41-A549-EFCAB463704F.jpeg

Last edited:

Recent Popular Liked

Back