• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

My first build! Mt410 my favorite rc To date!!! Thoughts and advice on other mods please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TILLER99

Reaction score
Tekno RC's
  1. MT410
Driving Style
Basher
Things I've done..... thoughts and comments on what else to do...

1. C-10 body
2. Hobbywing xerun max 8 esc , Xerun 4268 1900kv motor.
3.19 tooth mod 1 pinion
4. Steel Spur
5. Savox 1283 sg
6. Smc 4s bat.
7. Proline badlands with desperados wheels.
8. Aluminum shock caps.
9. Futaba 3pv Remote and reciever.

Attachments

• 15460510977376645195997010854531.jpg
    15460510977376645195997010854531.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 593
  • 15460512420053144955093690134582.jpg
    15460512420053144955093690134582.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 529
  • 20181216_042820.jpg
    20181216_042820.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 524
  • 20181216_042844_001.jpg
    20181216_042844_001.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 475
My name is Tyler I'm from South Carolina I'm new to this just wanted to introduce myself also...

Welcome! Nice mt410 you have there! If you plan on bashing and jumping and getting lots of air I would suggest going over to m2cracing.com and checking out the goodies. Specifically the items geared toward bracing and stiffening the chassis.

Make sure to get aluminum servo horn if not done already. 25t for your savox. Tekno 25t aluminum clamping servo horn is what I use.

I run Badlands/Desperado combo as well. If ballooning tires... particularly in front... is an issue for you check out strapping them with braided fishing line.

Welcome! Nice mt410 you have there! If you plan on bashing and jumping and getting lots of air I would suggest going over to m2cracing.com and checking out the goodies. Specifically the items geared toward bracing and stiffening the chassis.
Thanks I've ordered the m2 parts... man I can't get myself to bash if hard yet I enjoying looking at it to much... lol. Thanks for advice .

I run Badlands/Desperado combo as well. If ballooning tires... particularly in front... is an issue for you check out strapping them with braided fishing line.
What other wheel you suggest? I thought about running hun adapters 17mm to 12 so I can get creative with wheels And tires not sure yet...

Make sure to get aluminum servo horn if not done already. 25t for your savox. Tekno 25t aluminum clamping servo horn is what I use.
I put the hot racing on as soon as I got it. I figured that was worth doing with the servo I got off the RIP ... Thanks I'm gonna keep it goinga, I'm hooked with tekno now this I imagine is just the start....

Some folks run Arrma dboots backflips. Similar design to Badlands I think. Badlands are a good safe place to be as they are not overly huge like some other options. Larger tires = more stress on everything. Stick with the Badlands but check out some strapping if the ballooning concerns you. Some people don't mind/care if they balloon. The thinking is that strapping them increases their longevity , less prone to ungluing, ripping, etc.
Others also like to drill out small holes to regular air in/out...maybe a couple separated by 180 degrees. Search out YouTube for some examples.

Some folks run Arrma dboots backflips. Similar design to Badlands I think. Badlands are a good safe place to be as they are not overly huge like some other options. Larger tires = more stress on everything. Stick with the Badlands but check out some strapping if the ballooning concerns you. Some people don't mind/care if they balloon. The thinking is that strapping them increases their longevity , less prone to ungluing, ripping, etc.
Others also like to drill out small holes to regular air in/out...maybe a couple separated by 180 degrees. Search out YouTube for some examples.
Thanks that's good to l oknow about the stress factor and I'll be drilling them out to try that out too. I'm running 4s do you think 5 or 6s is that much more because I don't have and single 6s batteries and dont know I'f it's worth the extra 150 or I could rewire and run. My two 3s.... Just trying to get an opinion on that issue. Because its pretty sweet on 4s with the badlands 3.8s and 18 tooth pinion on the 1900 kv....

If you like 4s, then stay there. Just because the truck can run 6s, doesn't mean you have to. Save your money and stay with 4s.

Alright I was just curious about the power difference was all I've run it on my arma vehicles I was just wondering how the mt 410 took it. Yea I got on that point well made I just didn't know I'f I was missing out was alll... thanks

Mt410 can handle 6s, but I've had mine for almost a year now and I still run 4s. Single 4s and a pair of same type/size 2s wired to make 4s. 6s will add more stress and you would want to beef up things with m2c braces, aluminum diff cases, etc. Folks even upgrade (quite creatively) to thicker CVDs from arrma , if bent CVDs become an issue.

Nice, Tiller.
Slevin is right about the chassis bracing. M2c looks stout though I have not used it myself.
A crossbar of square-stock aluminum has been a go-to for me repeatedly. I also like T-Bone racing bash guards and 'mudflaps' (?).. The stock plastic guards are pretty bomb proof though so not really critical.
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_6804.JPG

Nice, Tiller.
Slevin is right about the chassis bracing. M2c looks stout though I have not used it myself.
A crossbar of square-stock aluminum has been a go-to for me repeatedly. I also like T-Bone racing bash guards and 'mudflaps' (?).. The stock plastic guards are pretty bomb proof though so not really critical.
View attachment 1940View attachment 1941
Thanks bro! You got it going on!! That's a hella tower brace! Have you had issues running that or so far so good....

Things I've done..... thoughts and comments on what else to do...

1. C-10 body
2. Hobbywing xerun max 8 esc , Xerun 4268 1900kv motor.
3.19 tooth mod 1 pinion
4. Steel Spur
5. Savox 1283 sg
6. Smc 4s bat.
7. Proline badlands with desperados wheels.
8. Aluminum shock caps.
9. Futaba 3pv Remote and reciever.
Nice

I run 4's with HW Max8 combo with M2C bracing. I have badlands 3.8 and shockwaves 3.8. I prefer the shockwaves. Lighter, not bad with ballooning and the have some give when sliding.

Recent Popular Liked

Back