• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

Tyres and servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geezer

Reaction score
Hi guys, got my MT410 coming tomorrow, Wheels/tyres size and tread? Servo, I’ve got a Savox 1210 waterproof, motor esc Arrma’s BLX system (new) I’ve got a set of Trenchers 3 8” 40 series, will these be too big? Many thanks guys

Hi guys, got my MT410 coming tomorrow, Wheels/tyres size and tread? Servo, I’ve got a Savox 1210 waterproof, motor esc Arrma’s BLX system (new) I’ve got a set of Trenchers 3 8” 40 series, will these be too big? Many thanks guys

those will fit fine, that's what i'm running.

one thing to consider, these wheels have a narrower offset that makes them set inward more than a normal wheel, so to avoid rubbing on the body when turning (depending on body) you might need to use extended wheel hexes to push the wheels out a bit.

20180420_225441.jpg

Reactions: Hye
one thing to consider, these wheels have a narrower offset that makes them set inward more than a normal wheel, so to avoid rubbing on the body when turning (depending on body) you might need to use extended wheel hexes to push the wheels out a bit.

20180420_225441.jpg

RC user, Are they the Associated one’s?

I thought about that thats why I asked if the tyres were any good, looks like you got Trenchers and you had to buy extenders! lol I might save em for my Kraton when it gets here?? I’ll get Proline badlands will it still be 3.8 or 2.8? with 17ml hex?

3.8 but the badlands are a lot smaller than the other 3.8s, i recommend going with the trencher X 3.8 or masher 3.8 or the new mx38

Don’t get Badlands, go with DBoot Backflips. I love em.

any idea how much they weigh? i'm looking for somethign lighter on the next set, those are nice and tall too, 6.8" i'm reading...

I’m not too sure but they do have some weight to them. I know my ET even with the Backflips is still lighter than my stock Kraton if that helps any.

I’m not too sure but they do have some weight to them. I know my ET even with the Backflips is still lighter than my stock Kraton if that helps any.

i can't imagine they'd be any heavier than the prolines i have, usually RTR wheels/tires are a lot lighter... how does the tread hold up? one bummer about the prolines badlands is the road eats them up FAST... they're killer in grass and loose dirt though, i had a set on a 1/8 buggy

I think they are pretty tough. They are a firmer and possibly thicker rubber than the Badlands. I haven’t personally used the Badlands but I have had them in my hands at my LHS and I can say they are firmer.

I run a mix of off-road and on road and they have been holding up well. They sound pretty good on road too....like a 4 wheeler lol

Also, I think they have the perfect amount of bite...enough to hook up and launch but enough to kinda slide on a turn....even in grass. The sidewall is tall and relatively stiff and holds its edge on turns. They really compliment the ET’s suspension.

20180420_225441.jpg
I like that extender idea to prevent the tires from rubbing the body. Does the chassis still bottom out with the 40’s? I know the outcast didn’t bottom out causing things to overextend and break.

my bad yes they are the associated but any will fit, the associated's are just the easiest to find.
you could probaly use these chinese ones on the cheap:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wheel-1-8-...381509?hash=item25f58bfa85:g:ttUAAOSwhkVa7Vmy

Also one thing to note is the body width - if you were to run like the truggy body it's more narrow and wouldn't rub. i have the proline first gen raptor MT body
I think i'll go with chinese ones but i'm wondering if i can use narrower hex than the team asso ones. I know there is difderent size and i'd like my truck not to be too wide. In fact fo you know the minimal hex size to run those tires?

I think i'll go with chinese ones but i'm wondering if i can use narrower hex than the team asso ones. I know there is difderent size and i'd like my truck not to be too wide. In fact fo you know the minimal hex size to run those tires?

I was also liking the narrower track, I was bummed to find that it rubbed on the body. Pretty much had to go with the wide ones i think. I'd suggest just getting wheels with a decent offset. I'll take a pic how close it is at full turn.

I was also liking the narrower track, I was bummed to find that it rubbed on the body. Pretty much had to go with the wide ones i think. I'd suggest just getting wheels with a decent offset. I'll take a pic how close it is at full turn.
I just bought a set of trencher 40 on tech5 rims so it's too late but with a wider hex i'll be good then

I just bought a set of trencher 40 on tech5 rims so it's too late but with a wider hex i'll be good then

Even with the extenders it rubs slightly but only at compressed suspension and on the back side.
20180515_191609.jpg

20180515_192003.jpg

Thanks for the pics. It's not that bad with the extender

Recent Popular Liked

Back